Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The **** does that even mean?

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

A couple of our posters seem to have gotten drunk on John Wayne movies.
      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
        Yes, we do. Who doesn't?
        Your guys do it with all the subtlety of the Khans.

Even an Ivan should be able to realise that Putin is providing the EU with an imperative for pipelines to North Africa and investment in LNG facilities.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

And investment in alternative energy.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

This is the pipeline you've been hoping for:

-->Visit CGN!
            -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
              I don't know if you've noticed (collectively), but this with OPEC lowering production has started gas prices rising again. If someone said it, excuse me.
              Well, if you like renewable energy and sustainable oil development you want to see oil at least at 50/barrel.

Oil at 35 is not sustainable- oil at those levels encouraged americans to waste money on SUVs and made it non-economical for oil companies to expend much $$ in research and development of heavier and more difficult to process crudes.

Oil at 85 allows companies to spend $$ on deep-sea exploration

Oil at 120 allows economically viable exploitation of oil sands; 150 allows oil shales and around 170 means that wind power is economical. Around 200+ solar becomes almost economical.

---
              Don't worry too much. Oil should never have gone to 150, just as it should never have gone to 35 based on current production. Oil's natural price based on actual supply and demand, as estimated by the IEE is around 80/barrel... and will rise to around 120 by 2010-2011.
              Last edited by DarkCloud; January 9, 2009, 19:07.
              -->Visit CGN!
              -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Oh great, we have a seer amongst us.
                DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Er, Colon, there weren't any predictions in that post other than the ones I paraphrased from the IEE.
                  -->Visit CGN!

Comment

The other numbers came from my recollection of a MIT Technology review article crica 2006/7. More recently, I have seen similar figures published elsewhere in Oil and Gas journals.
                    -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Oil sands are certainly viable well under 120. I think the last thing I saw on them was around $50/bbl, but Asher would probably say even that is too high now.
                      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud View Post
                        The other numbers came from my recollection of a MIT Technology review article crica 2006/7. More recently, I have seen similar figures published elsewhere in Oil and Gas journals.
                        May I suggest you get yourself several sacks of salt?
                        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

At the least I want to hear terms such as "reportedly", "possibly" and "could".

Comment

Originally posted by DanS View Post
                            And investment in alternative energy.
                            Or in this case an energy alternative (to Russia).
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Really, oil sands viable at 50? I recall Alberta didn't start shipping oil sands until the price got to 80 (did anyone in the general community hear of oil sands being used en masse before 2003 around when oil started rising from 30? Either the technology wasn't there or it wasn't economically viable, or both.)

Perhaps my 2006 number of oil sands being only viable at 120 is incorrect, but oil sands certainly are not viable lower than 50, and lower than 80 I beg to differ with snoopy's statement.
                              --
                              Colon, okay, fair enough. When I do not produce direct citation links to back up precise figures, I understand those words should probably be used.
                              -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Oil sands have gotten a lot cheaper to develop ... a lot of work has been done in that area.
                                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                                X