Happy Thanksgiving, Apolyton!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Thanksgiving, Apolyton!

May your four-day weekend by joyous and your turkey well-stuffed!

And now for some holiday cheer... the very very best of this year's Macy's Parade!

Last edited by Alexander I; November 27, 2008, 14:55.
    The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
    "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
    "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
    The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

HAPPY
      THANKSGIVING!

Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Our table, Thanksgiving 2007 -- roast turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, pan gravy, sweet potato/marshmallow thing, cranberry sauce, baby peas, wine, hard cider. Not shown: pumpkin and pecan pies.

Have a great day, everyone!
        Attached Files
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Man, Americans are behind the times.

Have a happy thanksgivings!
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Did no one think the Rick Rolling was hilarious? I about died when I saw that on TV this morning!
              In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Comment

If the Pilgrims had been hunting Bob-cats and not Turkey, we could be eating pvssy for Thanksgiving.

Comment

Thanksgiving? Didn't you guys just have that already?
                  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                  Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Re: Happy Thanksgiving, Apolyton!

Originally posted by Alexander I
                    May your four-day weekend by joyous and your turkey well-stuffed!
                    No Thanksgiving or long weekend otherwise in Canada this month...

To those in the US reading this, happy holidays to you nevertheless.
                    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

I still pledge allegiance to Markos.

Comment

I was away in South Carolina on a farm, with family, I deep fried two turkeys, we had a ham, giblet gravy,deviled eggs, mashed potatoes,rolls, whole kernel corn,pinto beans,lima beans,pumpkin pie,coconut pie,pecanpie and sweet tea

Was a great time had by all

We watched my team N C State Wolfpack beat Miami Hurricanes, Clemson (a niece, a nephew and one of sister in Laws graduated there) beat University of South Carolina Gamecocks (another sister went there) and then Florida (a nephew and sister in law went there) beat Florida State

Plenty of fun
                        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

I never tasted Turkey.

How commmon is it to eat turkey not during thanksgiving?
                          I need a foot massage

Comment

Originally posted by Barnabas
                            I never tasted Turkey.

Well, in my 49 years, typically, a slight chance at Christmas.

Once in awhile, we cook a Turkey Breast during the year, on a rare occassion though.

Gramps
                            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by Barnabas
                              I never tasted Turkey.

I heard some facts spouted on sports talk show radio (so it must be true )

The amount of turkey eaten in the US on the one day equals about 1/6 of what is consumed annually.

They were saying somewhere around 500 million pounds of turkey.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X