No announcement yet.

1/4 of Texas: "Obama's a Muslim"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obama can't prove the negative in this instance. I thought we had already dealt with this in my "Obama is a muslim and a smoker" thread?
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
      That's more than skepticism. If he'd ever actually been a Muslim and then switched it would be a bit different.
      How many people do you know who were "raised Catholic" but take it so lightly that practicing something else later in life wouldn't take a "switch" at all?

I'm willing to take him at his word that he never really considered himself a Muslim despite his surroundings in childhood, and more importantly I wouldn't care if he was a Muslim anyway, but the fact still remains that we really only have his word. It's not like there tends to be a record of this sort of thing.
      Unbelievable!

Comment

How many people do you know who were "raised Catholic"

He wasn't "raised Muslim" as far as I know. And given who his mother was and the likely unilateral control she had over his early life that sounds like a stretch.

I know you guys aren't arguing that he is, or has ever been, a member of... but I think it takes more than healthy skepticism to reach that conclusion.
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by EPW
          I think it would be cool if Obama turned out not only to be Muslim, but also a communist, fascist, closet jew/homosexual, and the antiChrist all in one.
          we've been over this in another thread. he's also a puppy kicking chain smoker.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonâ„¢
            I find it more disconcerting few seem to question whether being a Muslim is supposed to be a stigma in the first place.
            QFT.
            Colin Powell
            "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

Colin Powell may be as pale as I am, and that's pretty pale, but that as an aside.
              DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Hrmpf. Who cares if Obama or McCain wins - both are religios nutters - neither of them can win if the aren't. The real question is witch on of them are the the best faker.

May thew best faker win
                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

A muslim candidate would have no chance. I'd say a muslim has as much chance at being elected president as someone who is openly communist.

I mean really what would you expect after these past 7 years?

Before you b*tch about America voter, there are Western European nations with significantly more muslims compared to the US. I have yet to hear of any muslim having a shot as head of state.

Comment

No offense, but I thought it would be obvious that the candidate had to be a christian nutter (or at least pretend to be).
                    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Polish marshall of the parliament, who is officially the second person in the state, was muslim for a while. But this guy made no business of his religion, had a polish surname, was very liberal, especially for these times and taking into account his age etc. He was even for legalising marijuana, which no-one else demanded at that time.
                      "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                      I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                      Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat
                        What I find extreme is that at least 25 % of texans know anything about what is existing outside the state
                        What's amazing to me is that not at least 25% haven't told you to stick it where the sun desn't shine.
                        Let me take up the slack. Stick it straight up your ass.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

god blessed texas, why should people need more than that.
                          "To watch your eniemies die in glorious color and sourround sound is surely one of the greatest advantages of technology." - Eoin Colfer
                          "You get more flies with a dead body than with honey." - Joshua Wade

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand

What's amazing to me is that not at least 25% haven't told you to stick it where the sun desn't shine.
                            Let me take up the slack. Stick it straight up your ass.
                            Meow

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Comment

This is the kind of thing that feeds the Texas vs. The World attitude, so don't blame me.
                                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                                X