Abortion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SlowwHand
    Pat, Ben, you're pissing into the wind. You're arguing morals with people who have none. It's a losing proposition.
    That depends on how you define them. The way that most people define them would exclude me from having them.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

You aren't against the abortion of children born to rich older women? You would honestly tell them that they did wrong in aborting their child?

I do not understand what you said here.
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• Pat, Ben, you're pissing into the wind. You're arguing morals with people who have none. It's a losing proposition.
        I am not simply argueing the morality of abortion, but rather the morality of not killing people. I am fine with abortions that don't kill people (as far as I can tell from the science presented to me, first trimester).

But it is more than that. Kid is denying science as well, and more so has no good reason for doing so especially since he is not logically consistant in his denial.
        "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

• Some people have a very cold, nihilistic view of the fetus.
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• Some fetuses have a cold, nihilistic view of people*.

* Probably.
            "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

• Mr. Fun, this is a conversation you need to excuse yourself from participating in at all.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Patroklos
                You often dogpile in various anti religion feeding frenzies about how stupid religion is when it directly contridicts observed reality or scientific fact.
                I said that I don't need logic to know right from wrong. Apparently others think they do. I use logic to contest their arguments. There should be no problem with that.
                Here you are telling us that the scientific standards Jon speaks of that we use to determine what is human don't apply because in this case, for no logical reason, you gut tells you different.
                What I'm saying is that there should be no motivation for using science since you already have a gut feeling? What is wrong with a gut feeling when it comes to knowing right from wrong? If we were trying to determine if someone were alive or dead then I could see using a scientific approach. I already went over this with JM.
                The fetus becomes a child a human in the womb at some point using every standard we use in every other instance when it is necessary to determine what is human scientifically. If you want to be logically consistant then you need to extend all the rights evern human gets at that point. Unless you want to be logically consistant by disregarding those standards all together. I am sure a lot of people with family on lfe support would object.
                I'm not using logic. So it's not inconsistant.
                Your comment was absurd on its face. Not only did you have to be convinced in the same manner, but you are convinced. You train of though is no different than any person who dehumanizes someone at any stage of life. What is disturbing (and is with an increasing nubmer of pro-choice people I meet) is the lengths you will go to white wash that fact.
                No. You don't dehumanize fetuses, because you never believe they are persons. What is so hard for you to understand about that?
                If you think killing humans for minimal convienience is okay say so, I will disagree with you but at least you would be consistant.
                Obviously you are assuming that I think fetuses are persons. Why would you do that?

Comment

• I do not understand what you said here.
                  It's like saying you are for the abortion of left-handed Irish-Thai crosses with blue eyes and a club foot.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Kid, do you ever read back over what you've written later? If so, you must know how little sense it makes. You're first point in you last point it what I reference. After it, I journeyed no further.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• dp

Poly isn't working too good for me tonight.

Comment

• NM. I need to follow my own advice and not discuss with people so ****ing stupid. Enjoy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patroklos

I am not simply argueing the morality of abortion, but rather the morality of not killing people. I am fine with abortions that don't kill people (as far as I can tell from the science presented to me, first trimester).

But it is more than that. Kid is denying science as well, and more so has no good reason for doing so especially since he is not logically consistant in his denial.
                          You can't prove what a person is with science, period.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alinestra Covelia
                            Some fetuses have a cold, nihilistic view of people*.

* Probably.
                            Best post in an abortion debate in a long time.
                            In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                              Pro-choice here. I find it akin to being forced to keep a homeless man in your house on a sub-zero day after you've found him crawling in a window.
                              You have a very strange way of being a human being.

I'm with you...but I'm against you.

I mean, you make a good point...but you also look like a fascist in making it.

I just think I'd never invite you over for tea.
                              "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                              ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                              "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand
                                Pat, Ben, you're pissing into the wind. You're arguing morals with people who have none. It's a losing proposition.
                                How very right wing conservative of you. You don't understand a point of view so it has to be immoral. Therefore it can be discarded as having no values.

And freedom of choice ? Only for good old sloww and the gang of course... nobody tells them what to do.
                                "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Working...
                                X