This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The banks are just getting hammered.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• if anyone took that SKF tip earlier in the week, that was a healthy 20% gain until now, and it's time to exit...

markets are about even for the day right now... will see until the end of the session... next week I expect an Obama recovery + some new (or updated, but in any case exciting) stimulus plan over the weekend... so my bet for next week is about a 500 points gain in DOW...
      Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
      GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

• Stocks are on sale today.
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Yep. I bought some (more IVV).

-Arrian
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• eeehhh... wrong move from my side... exited SKF last week as I said at 154... thought they are going to be some "rescues" on the table over the weekend, but instead of Obama rally, we get Obama selloff... so instead of being further 30% up with SKF , it's 6.5% down.... ah well... wrong judgment... and we are breaking 8k barrier for DOW again... wrong timing for me though...

there is a lot of downside potential, will have to pay a bit more attention tomorrow... typically there was a rebound after this 8k was breached... so either that or a free fall tomorrow again... and if it's free fall now, wander what will happen in Q2

I did think that we will finish in 6k range for DOW, but that's more towards the middle of the year, and not exactly now with inauguration and the positive sentiment... but hey... who can know the future right?

edit: and the UK banks... RBS - 70% in one day... whoa!
            Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
            GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

• Hasn't hit below 7500 yet, closest since November. If it drops to 7500, it will be a 10 year low. Been waiting for that to happen for a long time.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• good news from IBM, they beat the expectations and expect a good FY09! so I assume this should help the sentiment

Comment

• Sprint, HD, and CAT all announce lay offs

McD misses earnings, may buy in near future. Same with CAT.

Bad days boys, bad days.
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

• U.S. stocks gained for a third day as companies from Texas Instruments Inc. to Travelers Cos. and Netflix Inc. posted better-than-estimated earnings, overshadowing declines in consumer confidence and home prices.

Texas Instruments and Travelers added more than 3.4 percent, while Netflix rallied 15 percent. American Express Co., the biggest U.S. credit-card company by purchases, gained 7 percent after profit topped the most pessimistic estimates.
                    Some good news amongst the gloom. Go, big red umbrella, go.

-Arrian
                    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Stocks are on sale this morning, gents. 48% off the highs.

Comment

• And again this morning. 49% off the highs.

Comment

• Second leg down?
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Tough to know. We're talking fairly deep value here.

Comment

• Looks like on the S&P 500 we're retesting that 2002-2003 low again, after the test a few weeks ago. If you're in the camp that thinks this is a short lived recession, time to buy in is if those lows hold again. It would suggest that there's a decent level of market-wide investor confidence at that price point.

I don't think the problems have been adequately addressed yet... and would be surprised if we don't head lower... but the problems were there during most of the run up from 2003-2007 so you never know.

Comment

• There's no better time than the present to buy in, IMO. Buying an index fund right now is like shooting fish in a barrel for a long-term investor. Just buy.

Comment

Working...
                                X