Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Asher

I'm not sure what the big deal is.

Anyone who believes in God is ****ing crazy and unfit to lead a country.

Whether they speak in tongues and think God sent the US to Iraq, or they just show up to church once a week for a photo op, it's all just as bad and just as stupid.

Shame on all of you.
    Support for Freedom of Religion
    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming

And the dems are making their attacks on a person who may never be president, while their top candidate has similar experience issues... Hypocrisy... a two way street here.

So you are still missing the point, and I'm calling you on it

I think they both lack the experience.
      It is simply hilarious that the dems #1 is now being compared to the repubs #2. Surely they should be able to get this one. If not...maybe there is a judgment problem.

meh...what the heck. I'll just wait around for all my free stuff Obama promised me.
      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• Originally posted by PLATO

Support for Freedom of Religion
        I support freedom of religion, freedom of stupidity, freedom of believing the moon landing was faked, whatever. In fact, in general the gross stupidity of other people is an asset.

The problem is when the stupidity becomes mainstream enough to **** up life for the rest of us.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher

I support freedom of religion, freedom of stupidity, freedom of believing the moon landing was faked, whatever. In fact, in general the gross stupidity of other people is an asset.

The problem is when the stupidity becomes mainstream enough to **** up life for the rest of us.
          Ahh...

Support for freedom of expression

You really are a well rounded individual you know?

But, don't mind me...I'm trying to find my damn gun to cling to.

Comment

• Originally posted by David Floyd

No, I'm psychic and can see the future.

nice to see you back, David

as for experience, Palin has the most, she aint been in Washington yet and the others have

I want a Prez who is pissed off with Washington, and she comes closest. Thats the experience I want from my candidate. I dont know much about her judgement but those episodes she had of trying to fire people over personal matters aint kosher, thats the kinda crappola I've come to expect from the Bushies.

Obama may have good judgement if his opposition to invading Iraq was sincere and not political pandering. His opposition to the surge dont bother me as much because Iraq was truly looking like a lost cause and may still be and we will never know if our staying or leaving really mattered.

Biden and McCain have plenty of experience getting us into messes, neither is acceptable. McCain has the added negative of Father Time taking its toll. I'd rather the election be between Obama and Palin, and she'd have my vote if not for her lying about her conservative credentials. I stopped voting GOP after Reagan's 1st election...

vote Babar
            Last edited by Berzerker; September 22, 2008, 21:02.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious
              Yea, because saying something negative about America is the same thing as hunting witches.
              Yeah, and Goebbels was just a radio talk show host.
              -rmsharpe

Comment

• wrt the markets and de-regulation (and the liberal penchant for blaming the free market), Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were set up by government (liberalism) to provide poorer people with cheaper loans. Now they cant pay the loans and the problem is not enough government? What happens when banks are "conservative" about making loans? They're accused of discrimination, redlining, etc. Cant have it both ways...

Comment

• Originally posted by rah
                  You have to look at the overall picture.
                  McCain had to pick someone to satisfy the right.
                  He needed to pick an outsider so he could pretend another maverick type.
                  But most importantly, you pick a vp candidate that will help you get some votes.

Palin is going to get him some votes that he wouldn't have gotten.
                  Is Biden going to get Obama votes he wouldn't have gotten? Biden has been a non factor since he was nominated. Probably not a lot of votes, so it can be argued who really made the better choice here.
                  I agree that from a vote getting stand point Palin will earn McCain more votes then Biden will earn Obama votes. That said I think Biden was chosen mainly because he was a political insider who knows how to navigate Washington's smoky back rooms. At the time the big compliant was that Obama didn't have enough experience so he chose someone who did have a lot of experience. Someone who could be the LBJ to Obama's JFK if you will.

From a governance stand point I think Biden strengthens Obama's ability to actually get things done if elected but you're right that Biden won't be a vote getter.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ninot

Obama went for someone who can step in should the worst happen.

McCain picked someone for political pandering.

Yes, the better choice can most definitely be argued.
                    A good observation.

Comment

• I've never heard that.
                      So if a tree falls in a forest and Asher doesn't hear it, it never made a sound?

I'm sure some person once said that, but to claim that Obama supporters in general are saying that is insufferably stupid.
                      It's a big part of the campaign. He has been attacking Palin's experience. I've heard the litany of complaints over and over.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming

At least they didn't select a junior senator with almost no experience to head up their ticket
                        Obama does have 8 years of experience in the Illinois state house which is a large state and his district had more people in it then the entire state of Alaska. Plus he has 4 years in the US Senate for a total of 12 years of government experience. That's a fair amount of experience.

Comment

• Obama has a pastor that hates white people. Palin has a pastor that hates witches. Hmm. Seeing as how I'm a white person, which way should I vote?

Oh, I should add I'm not a witch.
                          Long time member @ Apolyton
                          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

• Originally posted by Heresson

Really? Shouldn't they all go to jail or something? For threats, harassing, trespassing, animal cruelty and God knows what more?

I am torned between sympathy for this snake and the feelings originating in the fact that snakes eat frogs.
                            It supposedly happened in Kenya so in a 1st world country I imagine Rev. Witch Hunter would have been arrested but in a 3rd world country life just goes on, or so it seems.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

So if a tree falls in a forest and Asher doesn't hear it, it never made a sound?

It's a big part of the campaign. He has been attacking Palin's experience. I've heard the litany of complaints over and over.
                              Holy **** Ben. Complaints about her inexperience and observable stupidity and alleged corruption are NOT THE SAME as saying:
                              I find it amusing that the Obamaphiles are arguing that Palin isn't qualified to be president because she sometimes uses a teleprompter.
                              I will not stand for this kind of insanity on your behalf. I will be here until I am banned smacking you around for pretending everyone here is as dumb as you think they are. Your chronic attempts at slight-of-hand is not unlike a quadriplegic magician trying to pull a rabbit out of a hat. I'm not convinced!
                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Lancer
                                Obama has a pastor that hates white people. Palin has a pastor that hates witches. Hmm. Seeing as how I'm a white person, which way should I vote?

Oh, I should add I'm not a witch.

Since you believe that Wright hates white people, maybe you believe in witches too.
                                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
                                X