Sarah Palin's Pastor Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
    ... but I don't see anything that would lead me to presume Obama to be brilliant.
    Getting into Harvard is damn hard. Getting into Harvard Law School is much harder. Becoming President of the Harvard Law Review is almost impossible.

JFK even published a book on his popular thesis, where is Obama's book? For the man calling himself educated, he's got nothing to show for it other then a piece of paper.
    You mean the nationwide bestsellers "Memories of My Father" and "The Audacity of Hope"

Comment

• Autobiographies don't really count.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• "The Audacity of Hope" is more about his political plans for Obamerica.

Comment

JFK even published a book on his popular thesis, where is Obama's book?
          Sure he did.

Comment

I agree with you that someone who is uneducated would not be capable of becoming president, but to me education is much more broader then the ivy leagues.
            Much more broader? I agree. Rarely is the question asked: is our children learning?
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• s-v agreement.

much more broad / much broader / more broad / broader
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Raising and educating 5 children is far more experience then anything Obama went through...
                You know, he does have 2 kids of his own. 5 is greater than 2, but I wouldn't call that "far more."

... and demonstrates that she would be far more capable then Obama in dealing with the herd of people in government.

So people in government are children? If they're truculent, will she send them to their rooms without supper? Spank them?

(Ooh, a spanking! A spanking! )
                Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• no, shotgun weddings

Comment

It also means that with more receiving the education that the degree means less. I don't think the standards in high school are as rigorous as they were 40 years ago and likewise with the university education. That's the problem with the basic expectation that everyone is qualified for university, is that they have to deal with issues they wouldn't otherwise have to face.

Success in education? The man can't give a coherent speech without a teleprompter, let alone write his own speech. How is it possible for a man to get a harvard law degree and not learn how to write and give a stump speech?
                    Sorry, but as Z already put, becoming the editor of the Harvard Law review and a Law professor means that one is well above the academic mean. To insinuate Obama is not academically accomplished is, well, utterly moronic and completely insane.

IOW, he's politically correct, which is all the degree means. You talk about 'understanding multiple points of view', which is a simple way to describe our modern education system which has very little to do with proficiency.

Actually, one only needs to go back to the Ancient Greeks and their quest for self-examination and exploration of new ideas. But hey, that is only the supposed basis of the Western Tradition, not something to care about anymore.

Raising and educating 5 children is far more experience then anything Obama went through, and demonstrates that she would be far more capable then Obama in dealing with the herd of people in government. Don't get me wrong, formal education can be useful, but I don't see anything that would lead me to presume Obama to be brilliant. JFK even published a book on his popular thesis, where is Obama's book? For the man calling himself educated, he's got nothing to show for it other then a piece of paper.

Sorry, can't take this even remotely seriously.
                    If you don't like reality, change it! me
                    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• I'm raising my son all by myself. I didn't know I was getting executive experience from it.
                      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher

And a heckuva job she did.

Making rape victims pay for rape kids.
                        Firing a well-liked librarian then re-hiring her after realizing it was stupid.
                        Bullying the head of the state troopers to fire your sister's ex, then firing him when he won't.
                        Saying "thanks to no thanks" to the Bridge to Nowhere that they wanted until congress yanked funding.

She's got an amazing track record of intelligent decision making to show for her experiences.
                        You forgot to mention that she kept the bridge to no where money. If she really opposed it after she was for it then why didn't she give the money back?
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• ...And you forget the $26 million Road to Nowhere, which she built to connect the airport to the Bridge to Nowhere. She even built the road after she knew there would be no bridge.

Comment

• Well it wouldn't have been the road to nowhere if they had built the bridge to nowhere would it? It would be the road to the bridge to nowhere.

Don't try to fool us Zkrib!
                            Long time member @ Apolyton
                            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

• You know, he does have 2 kids of his own. 5 is greater than 2, but I wouldn't call that "far more."
                              So you wouldn't consider 500 grand a year "far more" then 200 grand a year?

Comment

• Sorry, but as Z already put, becoming the editor of the Harvard Law review and a Law professor means that one is well above the academic mean. To insinuate Obama is not academically accomplished is, well, utterly moronic and completely insane.
                                I could call myself a history professor because like Obama I gave lectures in university, but it would be a distortion of the facts.

Actually, one only needs to go back to the Ancient Greeks and their quest for self-examination and exploration of new ideas. But hey, that is only the supposed basis of the Western Tradition, not something to care about anymore.
                                Unfortunately the Greeks believed in ultimate truths, and thank goodness for that.

I'm not surprised you don't think having 5 kids is an accomplishment. You don't get a Harvard Law degree for that.

Comment

Working...
                                X