• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solomwi
    Oppenheimer, indeed.

That looks closer.
    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Mozart is next to Shakespeare.

And it's not Fidel Castro playing the trumpet. Maybe it's not van Gogh either, but until someone comes up with a better suggestion it remains van Gogh to me.

Comment

Behind Bruce Lee is the Santa Maria.
        Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

I pick Jesus as the character Einstein is pointing at. It seems to me that I've seen that bracelet in another painting.
          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
          If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
          Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

And apparently that bracelet says "Livestrong"... wait, WTF? Damn you Jesus!!
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH
              I pick Jesus as the character Einstein is pointing at. It seems to me that I've seen that bracelet in another painting.
              Having seen the whole picture, its not Jesus, unless Jesus was Chinese.
              If you don't like reality, change it! me
              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                unless Jesus was Chinese.
                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

I'm thinking "Darwin" is a Greek philosopher. The hatching egg isn't an evolution reference, it's a "chicken and the egg" reference. He's staring at the egg, contemplating which came first. Wiki mentions Aristotle in its "chicken and egg" article, but it looks more like Plato, someone more versed in this subject will know better than me.

Also, may I suggest numbering the people in the pictures, so we may refer to them by number? Some posters refer to people in a confused (to me) manner. Not only would it make it clearer who we are identifying, we could list the numbers and their guesses in a post at the beginning of the thread.
                  You've just proven signature advertising works!

Comment

Good call Seedle. And Plato and Aristotle might actually have been the same person.
                    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Thanks Kid. Also, I don't know who is two left of Elvis, but it sure as heck as isn't FDR... Remember, most of these poses are iconic/taken from photos. FDR, when we see him, will have a cigarette in a holder, bet on it. I swear I recognize the guy, but I can't place it.
                      You've just proven signature advertising works!

Comment

Cheater
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

And on a similar note, that's not Castro with the trumpet. Fidel's in a different part of the picture.
                          Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

I think the man with the accordion is dostoyevski
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
                              I think the man with the accordion is dostoyevski
                              Graffiti in a public toilet
                              Do not require skill or wit
                              Among the **** we all are poets
                              Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Cheater
                                I didn't say who I thought it was, more importantly, what are you people doing guessing about someone whose face is cut off??????
                                If you don't like reality, change it! me
                                "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                                "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                                "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Working...
                                X