Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Palin says 17-year-old daughter is pregnant!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A $40 billion pipeline positively towers over those meager accomplishments.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Originally posted by DanS
      A $40 billion pipeline positively towers over those meager accomplishments.
      You act like she proposed and built the damn thing?

The pipeline plans predates her. Her role was minor, she just basically took the pipeline out of Alaska and into Canada. You act like this is some kind of herculean task for her to say "No, scratch that, do it this way".

I strongly suggest you do more research about the Alaska pipeline.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• I agree that it's not hugely noteworthy. But on a comparative basis, it's a towering edifice.
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Originally posted by DanS

It (S. 713) died in committee.

Wow, the accomplishments are really piling up!
          You'd better tell the Senate. Acccording to the Senate's Website, it's now in the Committee on Armed Services. --Although at this point, I'm not too trusting of the Senate's website. In another spot, it mentions a press release supposedly stateing that the bill has passed the Senate.

Comment

• Yes, it was referred to committee, where it has died.

Comment

• What's next, she supported a cute puppy kicking initiative?
              Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

• Any explanation why I found it on the Active Legislation portion of the website?

(BTW: The Senate's website is horrible! It took forever to find the bill and/or the status of the bill. )

Comment

• A bill dies by not being acted upon. Nobody has acted on the bill in quite some time, so it's dead as a doornail.

Comment

• Ooooh, and now Abramoff connections:

Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

• To be clear, that article discusses tenuous third-hand Abramoff connections. She hired somebody who also did some work for Abramoff's firm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Theben
                        The question was "experience", not "prez history".
                        And the point was that "federal experience" is not relevant.

Comment

• Neither is Palin which is why I find the experience attacks from Obama supporters amusing as I don't think that is a conversation they want to have.
                          Ah missed, this.

Uh, Palin isn't running any kind of campaign, McCain is. That's why Palin's lack of experience hurts: she completely undermines his argument. The argument that Palin is qualified to be President, and Obama isn't, intrinsically can't work.
                          "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                          -Bokonon

Comment

• A two year Governor of a state with the population of a decent sized suburb and mayor of a dinky village outside Anchorage?

Obama was a community organizer in South Chicago for goodness sake!

I mean c'mon people! Have you ever been to south Chicago? Organizing anything in that neighborhood requires massive organizational skills!

Let's not forget that Obama also was a director of that domestic terrorist guy's foundation as well. He distributed over $49 million in aid from there. That had to take some serious executive ability as well to properly manage all that!

No experience? Give me a break! Obama is the saviour of the country! Why is that so hard to see?
                            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• The argument that Palin is qualified to be President, and Obama isn't, intrinsically can't work.
                              Neither Palin or Obama is qualified to be President.

Comment

• Every American over the age of 35, who was born in the U.S., and who has lived the last 14 years here, is qualified to be President.

McCain was not born in the U.S., but he was born to American parents on a U.S. military base. So, with the strict Constitutionalists agree that McCain cannot legally be president?
                                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
                                X