Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Palin says 17-year-old daughter is pregnant!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In other Palin news:

Stein says that as mayor, Palin continued to inject religious beliefs into her policy at times. "She asked the library how she could go about banning books," he says, because some voters thought they had inappropriate language in them. "The librarian was aghast." The librarian, Mary Ellen Baker, couldn't be reached for comment, but news reports from the time show that Palin had threatened to fire her for not giving "full support" to the mayor.

"Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
    -Bokonon

Comment

• Feingold (S.230) died in committee.

Coburn (S.2590) was merely the creation of a database of those receiving federal funds.

Lugar-Obama was merely authorization of funding of very modest size for a non-proliferation program.

These are huge accomplishments.
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Feingold (S.230) died in committee.
        Obama-Feingold was signed into law. I think it's S. 1, but I'd have to check.
        "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
        -Bokonon

Comment

• Lugar-Obama was just authorization of funding of very modest size for a non-proliferation program.
          It was an expansion of Nunn-Lugar to deal with conventional arms proliferation.
          -Bokonon

Comment

• Originally posted by DanS
            OK, with regard to veteran care, Obama's bill (S. 713) died in committee. Nice accomplishment.

With regard to ethics, what is the bill to which you are referring? Because neither Obama nor Biden were sponsors or co-sponsors of the passed ethics reform bill (S. 1).

These accomplishments are truly astounding, I must say.
            This is the bill I was talking about:

Obama, McCaskill Plan Military Hospitals Bill

Seizing on an investigative report by The Washington Post's Dana Priest and Anne Hull, Sens. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) and Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.) will introduce legislation next week to require more frequent inspections of hospitals providing treatment to active-duty military personnel.

The report by Priest and Hull documented dismal conditions that wounded soldiers endure at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, D.C. Considered the premier medical institution for the Army, Walter Reed is so crowded that some wounded soldiers are cared for in Building 18, which The Post reported has broken elevators, ice-covered walkways that confined soldiers to their rooms and other problems. (The Pentagon announced yesterday that repairs are underway for Building 18.)

The treatment of the wounded veterans and recuperating soldiers has been a main talking point for congressional Democrats for the last two years, and one that Obama is sure to bring up on the presidential campaign trail.

In addition, Sens. Barbara Mikulski (D-Md.) and Patty Murray (D-Wash.) wrote to Defense Secretary Robert Gates today demanding an inspector general's investigation into living conditions for the returning soldiers at Walter Reed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramo
              Obama-Feingold was signed into law. I think it's S. 1, but I'd have to check.
              Obama wasn't even a co-sponsor of that bill. Feingold died in committee, as I stated.

You guys are really scraping the bottom of the barrel here. Don't bust a nut trying to find the accomplishments.
              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Originally posted by Zkribbler
                This is the bill I was talking about:
                It (S. 713) died in committee.

Wow, the accomplishments are really piling up!

Comment

• Obama wasn't even a co-sponsor of that bill. Feingold died in committee, as I stated.
                  I see what's going on. S. 1 basically appropriated key parts of S. 230. As I said, Obama and Feingold are widely credited as the main architects of the legislation. A quick google search bears this out.
                  -Bokonon

Comment

• Feingold credits Obama, the designated point man on the Senate ethics bill, for holding firm against "enormous pressure from within the Democratic Party" to water it down.
                    -Bokonon

Comment

• Obama wasn't even the guy who introduced the legislation.

Comment

• Did you not read what I wrote? Again, S. 1 appropriated key parts of S. 230. Obama and Feingold are widely credited for the legislation.
                        -Bokonon

Comment

• He's third hand on an unimportant bill. This is all you've got?

Comment

• Originally posted by DanS
                            OK, with regard to veteran care, Obama's bill (S. 713) died in committee. Nice accomplishment.

With regard to ethics, what is the bill to which you are referring? Because neither Obama nor Biden were sponsors or co-sponsors of the passed ethics reform bill (S. 1).

These accomplishments are truly astounding, I must say.
                            Dan, you are so dishonest.

I provided you with links to dozens of accomplishments including many which did become law but you ignore them.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• I don't know any anyone is playing DanS' stupid and transparent game. You are all pawns.
                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Ridiculous spin. Read up on the media coverage of the bill. Again, Obama and Feingold are the main architects. Not the most important piece of legislation ever, but along with Coburn-Obama and Lugar-Obama, constitutes a reasonable set of accomplishments for such a short period in Congress.

What does McCain have besides a single piece of legislation used to cover his ass after Keating 5, that has been substantially watered down by the courts?
                                -Bokonon

Comment

Working...
                                X