Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Palin says 17-year-old daughter is pregnant!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bingo! That's why legislators usually aren't elected president.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Originally posted by Patroklos
      So you are saying she is not the only one with executive experience then? Do you understand the difference between executive and legislative experience?
      We can change the wording if you like, from 'executive' to 'federal'. In that case Obama wins hand down.
      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

• Originally posted by Oerdin
        That's retarded. You're basically claiming that no one in Congress has ever accomplished anything.
        Well, you could argue that, but not in the way he was aiming at.
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Originally posted by Theben
          We can change the wording if you like, from 'executive' to 'federal'. In that case Obama wins hand down.
          Except that doesn't make sense, given the number of governors who have become president.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanS
            Bingo! That's why legislators usually aren't elected president.
            Wrong. They're not usually elected because they have voting records muckrakers can use against them.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok

Well, you could argue that, but not in the way he was aiming at.
              Did you read his response?

Comment

• It's true that legislators with no accomplishments -- such as Obama and Biden -- have a leg up. McCain's signature accomplishment (McCain-Feingold) has hurt him a lot in my eyes.
                I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Did you read his response?
                  Eh, so it was exactly in the way he was aiming at, and he meant it seriously. Xpost.
                  1011 1100
                  Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

That's retarded. If sponsorship & cosponsorship of Congressional bills doesn't count then you're basically claiming that no one in Congress has ever accomplished anything.
                    Sponsorships and Cosponsorships don't indicate whether a legislator has actually written a bill or just attached his/her name to it.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                      Except that doesn't make sense, given the number of governors who have become president.
                      The question was "experience", not "prez history".
                      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

• Bristol Palin's Baby Daddy Revealed!

Bristol Palin's baby daddy has been revealed to be 18 year-old Levi Johnston. Sarah Palin announced that her 17 year-old daughter is five months pregnant Monday.

The New York Post has excerpts from Johnston's MySpace page:

On his MySpace page, Johnston boasts, "I'm a f - - -in' redneck" who likes to snowboard and ride dirt bikes.

"But I live to play hockey. I like to go camping and hang out with the boys, do some fishing, shoot some s- - - and just f - - -in' chillin' I guess."

"Ya f - - - with me I'll kick [your] ***," he added.

He also claims to be "in a relationship," but states, "I don't want kids."

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                          Sponsorships and Cosponsorships don't indicate whether a legislator has actually written a bill or just attached his/her name to it.
                          I'm sure he can read bills and say "I agree" like a real champ.

Comment

• The question was "experience", not "prez history".
                            So again, of the candidates which one has executive experience?

Being a Senator is an important job but is is missing the #1 attribute that differentiates it from the Presidency, accountability, and that goes for McCain too (but lucky he had plenty of that as an O6).
                            "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

• The baby daddy is a hockey player.
                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Leaving aside an issue where we fundamentally disagree (you claiming Congressmen have no accomplishments) you give absolutely no credit for deciding which issues to tackle or for setting priorities?

Comment

Working...
                                X