Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is Ukraine and where it comes from.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

still here
    I order you to keep posting on Apolyton
    [Pets] can't be reasoned with when their instincts kick in and they remember that they're animals. Especially dogs which are genetically 100% wolves. - Al B. Sure!

Comment

Originally posted by 100% Wolf View Post
      Nice going, Wolf.
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by 100% Wolf View Post
        still here
        As a good Christian I should say - f*ck you, you f*cking Satan f*ck, and f*ck your deceitful tongue.

Comment

Yeah, good Christians sack and kill other Christians just because they can. How long before the Patriarch of the East excoms all of you?
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Serb View Post
            Wait a second, it seems wolfy was here 6 years ago. What is your real name, puppy?
            He wasn't; he's been around since 2010 or so and previously posted as gribbler before re-registering.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post

Yeah, good Christians sack and kill other Christians just because they can. How long before the Patriarch of the East excoms all of you?
              Well, there was the Teutonic Order....

Cossacks were local war bands formed in the area that's now the Ukraine and Southern Russia to resist the Tatars of Crimea and the Golden Horde, who were in control of those areas at the time. Both the Crimean Tatars and the Golden Horde liked to raid their own territory for slaves, the Cossacks were Ukrainean / Russian peasants who organised, formed themselves into separate military communities and fought back against the slave raids.

"Rusyn" and "Ruthenian" are simply the Polish and Austro-Hungarian terms for Russian minorities within their borders.

Oh Golly! Did I forget to mention the Albigensian Crusade? You'll have to forgive my age.
              "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

In ex YU, and in the follow up states, Rusyn is a distinct "nationality", neither Russian or Ukrainian. They are too small now, one of those "distinct" cultures which did not have a center around which to rally. They have a different language (slavic) and different customs, and are not identifying themselves with either, even though their chance at any kind of legal status is gone in home country, as they are too few in number and they are on the way to dissapear into Ukrainian identity most likely (the ones at home).

btw - watched a local doc on their population here, about few thousand only.
                Last edited by OneFootInTheGrave; March 19, 2014, 09:45.
                Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                  Yeah, good Christians sack and kill other Christians just because they can.
                  Finally something I can agree with Ben about...
                  Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                    He wasn't; he's been around since 2010 or so and previously posted as gribbler before re-registering.
                    That name sounds familiar.

Comment

In ex YU, and in the follow up states, Rusyn is a distinct "nationality", neither Russian or Ukrainian. They are too small now, one of those "distinct" cultures which did not have a center around which to rally. They have a different language (slavic) and different customs, and are not identifying themselves with either, even though their chance at any kind of legal status is gone in home country, as they are too few in number and they are on the way to dissapear into Ukrainian identity most likely (the ones at home).
                      Umm, they are Galicians per se, and are Catholic and aren't Ukrainian at all.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

He made rude comments about the importance of the IIHF.
                        Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Wait a second, it seems wolfy was here 6 years ago. What is your real name, puppy?
                          Gribbler
                          In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Best necromancy in a long while
                            In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

They still let you post here?.

Comment

Boris, Joseph.
                                Originally posted by Joseph View Post
                                They still let you post here?.
                                That surprises me a lot. I should have been permabanned long time ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X