If the entire world was one country...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

First off. I'm young. If I could, I'd cast my ballot for John McCain. Why? I see old pictures of McCain back from vietnam at the age of 30 where his hair is snow white from the torture that he recieved. I don't agree with McCain on everything, but I believe he can lead America successfully.

I am young, yes, but why should I support Obama who doesn't have the necessary experience? There hasn't been a presidential nominee with less experience then Wendell Wilkie, in the 1940's. That worries me.

I really don't care that Obama is chocolate and cream together, or why that mixture should be superior to any other. If you are voting for Obama because of his racial origins, you are a racist. If Obama had the policy experience of McCain, and wasn't a democrat, I'd happily vote for him.

Would you vote for Senator Edwards over Bobby Jindal? The Rich white man over the brown soul brother?

As for not wanting to be an American, can I have his passport? I'd gladly trade mine with Obama, and then he can be a citizen of the world, and I would be proud to call my home America. I think the basic qualification for any manager is to serve their stockholders. The president of America has his first duty not to serve the citizens of the world, but the citizens of the United states.
    You are a close-minded fool.

I'm sure McCain would do a fine job as President, but he is not what the world needs. Obama is what America needs, and what the world needs. If I could vote, I would vote for Obama, not simply because he is racially mixed, but yes, that WOULD be one reason, and it does not make me racist at all, my reasons are that the world needs to get used to people like this, there are lot of people out there who are actually racist, who don't like the idea of a black president "It's not the American Way", this white supremist bull**** has got to end if the world wants to see a better day. Voting McCain is just voting Bush all over again; America needs a ****ing change, it is long long overdue.
    Last edited by FrostyBoy; August 13, 2008, 00:35.
    be free

Comment

You are a close-minded fool.
      You said yourself that the wave of youth believe in Obama. I'm sorry. I'm young and I don't. Your facile analysis falls apart under scrutiny.

I'm sure McCain would do a fine job as President, but he is not what the world needs.
      Then why am I a fool for supporting a man who gets the job done for America? The job description says president of the US, not the president of the world, and althrough I would love to be an American citizen, I do not believe that America should transform itself into a world government.

America is a wonderful nation, but each people should have their own nation by which they can be free and govern their affairs apart from Washington.

If I could vote, I would vote for Obama, not simply because he is racially mixed, but yes, that WOULD be one reason, and it does not make me racist at all, my reasons are that the world needs to get used to people like this,
      Then you are a racist, because you are saying that folks of mixed race are superior to those who are not. I think mixed race folks are fine people, but I don't believe that racial admixture has anything to do with whether they are a good person again.

there are lot of people out there who are actually racist, who don't like the idea of a black president "It's not the American Way", this white supremist bull**** has got to end if the world wants to see a better day.
      Are you accusing me of being a white supremacist?

Voting McCain is just voting Bush all over again; America needs a ****ing change, it is long long overdue.
      Should the world unseat President McCain, because that is not the man that they wanted to elect?
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

You said yourself that the wave of youth believe in Obama. I'm sorry. I'm young and I don't. Your facile analysis falls apart under scrutiny.

Then why am I a fool for supporting a man who gets the job done for America? The job description says president of the US, not the president of the world, and althrough I would love to be an American citizen, I do not believe that America should transform itself into a world government.

America is a wonderful nation, but each people should have their own nation by which they can be free and govern their affairs apart from Washington.

Then you are a racist, because you are saying that folks of mixed race are superior to those who are not. I think mixed race folks are fine people, but I don't believe that racial admixture has anything to do with whether they are a good person again.

Are you accusing me of being a white supremacist?

Should the world unseat President McCain, because that is not the man that they wanted to elect?

Do you know why half the world is at war? Because the world is divided; divided by religion, divided by jealousy, divided by rich and poor.

I am not saying that Obama will be the president of the World, that is obsurd, obsurd to even assume that I am saying that. This is why I say you are CLOSED MINDED, you take everything I say at face value, you shouldn't do that, you end up missing the point entirely. What I am saying is, by electing Obama, it gives those, who are racist, a new view to think about, or those who feel neglected by racism, a sign of change, a sign of hope for them. This is what *I* would like to see, I am not doing it for myself, I am Caucasian, I don't have the neglection that so many face; and I am certainly not racist, most of my friends (even my girlfriend) is not caucasian.

By electing a mixed person, and a specific person who lives as an equal whether, rich, poor, christian, muslim, white or black, we break down that which divides us, bringing the whole world closer. No, Obama is not going to be World Leader, but like a lighthouse, he can path the way for future generations.

McCain is just another plain old president following the plain old book. It doesn't work anymore, the world is needing a change. So what if McCain has experience at war, is that the deciding factor to elect a president? That's just silly. We don't need someone who is experienced in war, we need someone who is experienced in peace.
        be free

Comment

I think I agree with Ben

Obama pandering as the agent of change does not make him a valid candidate alone. Showing how the change would be a good thing would make him worthy.

Now that being said, I still prefer him over McCain personally, however I completely agree with Ben that voting for him because he's racially mixed is in itself a form of racism.
          Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

I already explained myself, if you don't get it, then I can't help you.
            be free

Comment

Do you know why half the world is at war? Because the world is divided; divided by religion, divided by jealousy, divided by rich and poor.
              Religion in itself is not the reason, neither is wealth for the divisions that we see. Human beings are fallen individuals in their nature, and will cause strife because we cannot help ourselves. It's a fundamental quality of man that dooms us to war with one another.

What I am saying is, by electing Obama, it gives those, who are racist, a new view to think about, or those who feel neglected by racism, a sign of change, a sign of hope for them.
              How so? If Obama is elected because he is a mix of black and white, that merely affirms racism rather then rejecting it. If Obama is elected based on his merits, in that he is the most qualified to be president, then that is a rejection of racism.

McCain is just another plain old president following the plain old book. It doesn't work anymore, the world is needing a change.
              Change is not necessarily positive. What kind of change?

So what if McCain has experience at war, is that the deciding factor to elect a president?
              He has experience in governance as a senator, and experience as a leader. If we were to weigh both of their resumes objectively, without a name on the top, it would be unquestionable who would be most qualified.

That's just silly. We don't need someone who is experienced in war, we need someone who is experienced in peace.
              We need someone who can speak softly and carry a big stick.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

No, we need someone who shouts with guidance and doesn't need a stick to help.

Change is telling America and the world, "This is what we're going to do, this is why, and this is how we're going to do it."

Not Bush's: "We have to go to war with Iraq, I don't know why exactly, I don't have any evidence, but we're going to do it anyway. Now watch this drive".

Obama reminds me of the likes of Abraham and JFK, America's two best presidents IMO.

Bush's face should be printed on every ply on every toilet roll in the world, so that everyone of us can smear our own **** on his face.
                Last edited by FrostyBoy; August 13, 2008, 04:30.
                be free

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Galis
                  I envision it being called the Terran Federation.
                  Terran Empire!!!
                  Even google suports it, 120 k for empire vs 26k for federation.

Originally posted by MarkG
                  how is it called on star trek?
                  United Federation of Planets
                  Mirror universe counterpart is a Terran Empire
                  Knowledge is Power

Comment

Poland. My house.
                    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                    Middle East!

Comment

The Earth is now very small.
                      An unified country,leadership,government, is the only safe bet.
                      And the only people that has a good chance to be the seed of this
                      is the USA.

Comment

People's Republic of China.

I'm not gonna see it anymore, but most of you will.

Comment

Originally posted by fed1943
                          And the only people that has a good chance to be the seed of this
                          is the USA.
                          The during the time of the generation of your grandparents, yes for sure, but not in the current climate.

Why?

Because you became nothing more than what the Brits were in the 19th century.
                          "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Do you know why half the world is at war?
                            Half the world is at war? Honestly, where the hell do you people get this ****?
                            "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Well, I meant war as in disputes, ceasefires, etc.

For example, there is an area in the ocean between Australia and Indonesia that contains a lot of oil, the two countries are disputing over who should have it. This to me is a war, perhaps a "soft-war", this sort of competition can be made redundant in the far future, where we can all work for each other, rather than against.
                              be free

Comment

that's not a war, soft or otherwise. it's a disagreement or a dispute. if you make a word like war so wide that it encompasses any matter in which two countries don't see eye to eye, then it becomes meaningless and worthless.
                                "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Working...
                                X