• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The House Bebro
    Blah

Comment

If the entire world was one country...

The soccer world championship would be very boring...
      http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Comment

It'll be called Zhongguo
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Texas of course.

Everything else would be terra incognita.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by rah
            Gee if it was 10 times more successful than the UN, it would still be an abject failure.
            If UNSC permanent members would relinquish their veto right and if countries like the US, Israel, Russia and China wouldn't cheat out and abuse it then it wouldn't be such an abject failure
            "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
            "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

The United Urth would be very corrupt, mostly divided into the very poor and the very rich, and dominated by men who will willingly resort to violence to get their way. Oh ... sort of like it is today.

The actions necessary to unite the earth (think war, revolt, assassination, and tons of refugees), even if most of the powerful states go along, is not worth the so-called gains -- see above.
              No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
              "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Originally posted by Whoha
                Nuclear Pock-Markistan. <- if I join the next society game thats mine, no one else can have it.
                Maybe I'll borrow it this game for a city name.
                I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Name: United Republics of Teh Humanity (U.R.T.H.)
                  Capital: Cyprus

I suggest the government be patterned after the U.S. Constitution. In our early days, we faced the same problems a panworld government would face: Is representation by population or by state? How do you handle various religions (Maryland had lots of Catholics; Pennsyvania lots of Quakers). How do you handle different economies (we had commercial New England; the agricultural South and the wilderness West). What is the relationship between the various states and the central government?

BTW: I would expect U.R.T.H. to do very well in the Olympics. "What?! Gold, Silver and Bronze again!?!
                  Last edited by Zkribbler; August 12, 2008, 16:31.

Comment

population: 1
                    :-p

Comment

The internet is the modern Great Oracle and the Great Moderator.

Whenever we spew our opinions online, and 100 people fire back, thumb you down and cut your opinion out, you realise your stupid ways and we all step one bit closer to following a common path and a common idea.

Some of you have mentioned that a one world country would never happen because of the problems we all see TODAY. That is a mistake to think like that, the problems you see today, should be generally eradicated many years from now, thanks to the Internet and mixing up of the world. One day, when the continent of Africa is 1/4 Caucasian, 1/4 African, 1/4 Asian and 1/4 everything else, there's not going to be many problems there, because in order to survive, you would have to accept the differences of each other, and after many years, those differences become the same, and everyone ends up at the same equal level. Then you are just left with a few nutjobs here and there, which will be quickly dealt with.

Obama is the future, McCain is the past that the old folks are hanging on to coz they think that's how we can progress, but it's always the young that carry the future because they can see it, they want Obama, because Obama is what we will see in the future - a great mix of many nations, deep down, he probably doesn't see himself as "A Great American!" he probably see's himself as "A person of Earth", if anyone wishes these wars to stop, then that is exactly the kind of attitude that needs to replace the old style, patriotic, proud and redundant bull**** of the past.
                      be free

Comment

We're all fellow travellers on this spaceship Earth.
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Umm, new world order?
                          In da butt.
                          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Some of you have mentioned that a one world country would never happen because of the problems we all see TODAY.
                            There are many reasons why it won't happen.

That is a mistake to think like that, the problems you see today, should be generally eradicated many years from now, thanks to the Internet and mixing up of the world. One day, when the continent of Africa is 1/4 Caucasian, 1/4 African, 1/4 Asian and 1/4 everything else, there's not going to be many problems there, because in order to survive, you would have to accept the differences of each other, and after many years, those differences become the same, and everyone ends up at the same equal level.
                            You own a farting unicorn? I don't see why peace can only be acheived through racial homogeneity, which is in itself a racist belief. Hitler thought the exact same thing would be true, if everyone in the world was Aryan.

The truth is much different. Human beings are fundamentally flawed. Even if you had and maintained that precise racial balance, there would be MORE conflict not less, because the only way to maintain that precise balance is through force.

I think Dr. King has the right answer, that the world should be colourblind. It shouldn't matter the colour of someone's skin, rather the content of their character.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Yet again Ben COMPLETELY misses the point. Don't you ever ask yourself why you keep doing this?
                              be free

Comment

Obama is the future, McCain is the past that the old folks are hanging on to coz they think that's how we can progress, but it's always the young that carry the future because they can see it, they want Obama, because Obama is what we will see in the future - a great mix of many nations, deep down, he probably doesn't see himself as "A Great American!" he probably see's himself as "A person of Earth", if anyone wishes these wars to stop, then that is exactly the kind of attitude that needs to replace the old style, patriotic, proud and redundant bull**** of the past.
                                First off. I'm young. If I could, I'd cast my ballot for John McCain. Why? I see old pictures of McCain back from vietnam at the age of 30 where his hair is snow white from the torture that he recieved. I don't agree with McCain on everything, but I believe he can lead America successfully.

I am young, yes, but why should I support Obama who doesn't have the necessary experience? There hasn't been a presidential nominee with less experience then Wendell Wilkie, in the 1940's. That worries me.

I really don't care that Obama is chocolate and cream together, or why that mixture should be superior to any other. If you are voting for Obama because of his racial origins, you are a racist. If Obama had the policy experience of McCain, and wasn't a democrat, I'd happily vote for him.

Would you vote for Senator Edwards over Bobby Jindal? The Rich white man over the brown soul brother?

As for not wanting to be an American, can I have his passport? I'd gladly trade mine with Obama, and then he can be a citizen of the world, and I would be proud to call my home America. I think the basic qualification for any manager is to serve their stockholders. The president of America has his first duty not to serve the citizens of the world, but the citizens of the United states.

Comment

Working...
                                X