How can we save Ukraine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
    I'm opposed to making the American Empire any bigger or more powerful.

NATO is weak as it is, adding the Ukraine to it would not strengthen it or the American Empire. It would keep the people of Ukraine realtivley safe for a while though.
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Anyway the American Empire is doomed, why do we need to sacrifice Ukraine to accelerate its decline?
      Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
      The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
      The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

You realize that part of the reason Russia is making an example of Georgia is because NATO reneged on its promises to not induct any former Warsaw Pact members.
        You would support kicking Germany out of NATO?

As for 'expanding the American empire', I didn't know that France considered themselves American now. The Ukraine has big potential, as does Poland. If Germany is in, Poland will definitely pull her weight.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Re: How can we save Ukraine?

Originally posted by Heraclitus
          Being less drunk today I realize Georgia is a lost cause. But how can we save Ukraine?

I propose we give them a get into NATO free card.

Send Bono to Georgia and Geldof to the Ukraine.

That'll fix it.

I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Why should should we accelerate towards nuclear war because of them? If they don't attack Russia, like Georgia did, they should be fairly safe.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

btw, ben, you're on my ignore list. I just got too exasperated dealing with your stupidity.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

We can save them by really telling them not to get involved against Russia to try to save Georgia. Next we sign them up to NATO (did I hear they were calling an emergency meeting?) right quick. Then forward deploy armor to forstall any Russian moves. Best to get all this done before Russia has a chance to redeploy mobile forces from Georgia. Days, we should have all this done before a week passes.
                Long time member @ Apolyton
                Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

btw, ben, you're on my ignore list. I just got too exasperated dealing with your stupidity.
                  His last post was far from stupidity. Several NATO members are far from being part of the "American Empire". Not many Russian ones are not part of the "Russian Empire".

Comment

Why should should we accelerate towards nuclear war because of them?
                    Why should we rush towards a world war for Poland?

[1939threadioff]

Nuclear war because Ukraine becomes part of NATO?
                    If Russia is that unstable we have much bigger problems...

If they don't attack Russia, like Georgia did, they should be fairly safe.
                    You can't honestly believe that. Half of the Ukraine is Russian in ethnicity. Russia will want that land.

Comment

Not good enough. The Iraqis were nice people. No one stopped us.
                      Aside from the fact that some very un-American, un-West boom-bah, rah-rah-rah voices had some interesting things to say in regards to getting rid of Saddam...

Your subservience to might makes right doesn't mean we shouldn't try anything that is reasonable to try.

Big country. Miserable history when it comes to rule from Moscow. It would be very unpleasant for a very large number of people. I mean unpleasant in a very messy sense.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

You 'save' the Ukraine by talking to Russia as an equal.

You stop lecturing them and hectoring them.

You stop turning ground on new bases ever closer to them.

Ivan is paranoid. They don't give a **** what the plebes do in the fields around them. They care a great deal what anyone in a uniform does, especially if it could be regarded as a threat.

They don't react well to being left out of the invitations to the ball. Russia is not some piss-ant country that people hold meetings to talk about as if the retarded child can't hear them and Russia's reaction will not matter. They want to be part of the scene. They react well to being included. They react very poorly to being excluded and having their next door neighbours join associations for the defence of the neighbourhood that they are never invited to.

You save the Ukraine by not driving Russia to be an enemy, if it's not too late.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus

You do know that Russia is no longer red, right? No need to make excuses for them anymore.
                          Some people didn't get the memo
                          Blah

Comment

Here's something for the Kraut...

Comment

As a Ukrainian myself, I choose only to state briefly, that Ukraine is a historical part of Russia, and is and shall be Russian territory, for the ages.

Comment

Well, feel free to join the political process of your country and work to swing majorities so that your people agree to a re-entry in the Russian fed.
                                Blah

Comment

Working...
                                X