No announcement yet.

You May Have a Woman's Brain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah Jon, all due respect but that is nonsense. I don't think being told you are gay makes you more likely to be attracted to men...it just doesn't make any sense.
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
      Yeah Jon, all due respect but that is nonsense. I don't think being told you are gay makes you more likely to be attracted to men...it just doesn't make any sense.
      There's absolute empirical proof of this. So far no one has detected an elevated amount of homosexual behaviour in frequent Halo 3 players.
      Only feebs vote.

Comment

It is a well known psychological issue. Girls are told that they can't be scientists and should be house wives, and so they were much more likely to be so. As they get more encouragement to be other things, they start becoming so.

Same with black children, they are limited in what they aspire to be because they get told that they are worthless gangsters or rappers, and so they think that is their only options. If they had more scientists/engineers/etc held up as positive rolemodels, they would consider that as things they coudl be and more would become engineers/scientists/whatever.

I could go on. As I said, this is a well understood occurence.

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Just for grins, I just asked 5 gay guys at work if they were called gay when they were young because they were more emotional and I can still hear their laughter from across the room
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
            One of the problems homosexuals cite with traditional society is that it tells everyone that they are straight. They tell about the stress and confusion and depression that comes out trying to be straight when they are really gay.

What about those who are straight and are told by society/etc that they are gay?

They will feel the same (but with sexualities reversed). I am not saying that this is as big of an issue as the other way, but it still exists and will confuse human measurements (soceity versus biological).

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by rah
              Just for grins, I just asked 5 gay guys at work if they were called gay when they were young because they were more emotional and I can still hear their laughter from across the room
              Isn't this a really bad idea from an HR perspective?

"HEEY! You're gay, right? Were ya called gay when you were young because you were more emotional?"
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                It is a well known psychological issue. Girls are told that they can't be scientists and should be house wives, and so they were much more likely to be so. As they get more encouragement to be other things, they start becoming so.

Same with black children, they are limited in what they aspire to be because they get told that they are worthless gangsters or rappers, and so they think that is their only options. If they had more scientists/engineers/etc held up as positive rolemodels, they would consider that as things they coudl be and more would become engineers/scientists/whatever.

I could go on. As I said, this is a well understood occurence.

JM
                sorry, equating being steered to wanting to be a housewife and enjoying ******* a man's **** is just a bit absurd.
                And assuming that just because a boy is a bit more emotional that he's frequently called gay is also absurd.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

FWIW, no one called me gay when I was young or even in highschool.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                    My claim is that homosexuals due to biological sources won't necessarily be more emotional/anxeity prone. That the correlation seen here (with so low statistical numbers) is due to society.

I admit that my soceital experiences are also fairly low statistics. But considering the low number of people who I know who were told repeatedly by everyone that they were gay...

JM
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Snuggles

Isn't this a really bad idea from an HR perspective?

"HEEY! You're gay, right? Were ya called gay when you were young because you were more emotional?"
                      If they were strangers, I would agree, but since they're good friends and they can appreciate the joke as much as anyone..... Which they obviously did.
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

You have 5 good gay friends?

Interesting.....................

I bet you want a hug!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                          That's gender roles. There's a distinction between sexuality and gender. Gender is a social construct.

For example, most men would absolutely refuse to wear a delightful frilly pink frock in public. Some women would refuse to do so as well, but the reasons they do so have everything to do with cultural norms. It's conceivable that the norm in our culture could be such that men would not be seen dead in anything other than a frilly pink frock.

But sexuality is hardwired. In our culture, homosexuals have been treated like frilly pink frock wearing men, so the whole culture is set up to punish homosexual behaviour and reward heterosexual behaviour. It would be a miracle if anyone was gay at all, if it just had to do with cultural norms.
                          Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Snuggles
                            FWIW, no one called me gay when I was young or even in highschool.
                            See, other evidence has showed that guys with more testosterone (less feminine) are more correlated with homosexuality. I beleive this much more.

I was called gay through middle school/highschool. It made me a bit homophobic in highscool, partly due to the internet I quit being so early in college.

Some others I know who were called gay did become Bi. I don't know them really now, but I will note that you can become confused by being gay and being called straight.. or by being straight and being called gay.

If you recall, you called yourself Bi for a while.

Jon Miller
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Some others I know who were called gay did become Bi. I don't know them really now, but I will note that you can become confused by being gay and being called straight.. or by being straight and being called gay.

If you recall, you called yourself Bi for a while.

It is one of the stepping stones to acceptance that most gay teenagers use.

Thanks for the "If you recall" bit though, made me smirk.

Are you bi friends cute?

Comment

And I'm sure there's a large number of boys that were gay and had fathers who repeatedly told them they were manly, which had no effect on them not staying gay.
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X