This is a preversion of every natural law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lighten up Francis
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Omni Rex Draconis
      And to to Whoha and Tuberski who think the father had any sort of say in this matter - may you continue to live your happy and sheltered lives. A brief search will reveal the extent of this problem, and my personal anecdotes are consistently outrageous.
      I said if he hadn't been married then he wouldn't have been as brutally clobbered. And further, there are areas with judges that aren't total wastes of space like this one.

Comment

I can't believe a prevert picture hasn't been posted yet.
        Attached Files
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Courts remain very mother-sided when it comes to custody and support payments. Although a good lawyer coupled with an agressive father/ex-husband makes a huge difference in what is achieved.

The meek will inherit the earth, as well as a very bad separation agreement.
          Best MMORPG on the net: www.cyberdunk.com?ref=310845

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. -Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Indeed. Before you start thinking about filing lawsuits left and right based on these stats, perhaps waiting for one that asks men the same questions should come first .
            Only a woman knows who the real father of a child is, and thus her lying is far more serious than a man lying, which is pretty inconsequential by comparison.

Comment

Oh please... lying about cheating is just as bad no matter who does it.

And no, sometimes the woman doesn't know who the real father is (if she's cheating with someone the same time as she's having sex with her husband, how can she know?)
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by aneeshm

Only a woman knows who the real father of a child is, and thus her lying is far more serious than a man lying, which is pretty inconsequential by comparison.
                I think it should be legal to do a genetic test of your kids to determine paternity without needing the wifes consent.
                Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

About this issue and others I have many clues, Ben, and many of them point to you being an idiot.

I didn't "go off" on anyone. I don't know Whoha very well, but both of the Tuberski's are nice folk and I certainly didn't intend to wish them ill. For all I know they could have been trolling.

Nevertheless, my admonition still stands. This is not a trivial issue, and even an innocent man in those courtrooms can do precious little to defend himself.
                  I didn't think you were going off on me. All I was saying is that the guy had a lousy lawyer and he just rolled over and took everything his ex-wife did to him.

The Mrs. and I don't have children together and she's not the vindictive type and we aren't going to split, so your advice, while prudent, is unnecessary.

ACK!
                  Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Whoha
                    I said if he hadn't been married then he wouldn't have been as brutally clobbered. And further, there are areas with judges that aren't total wastes of space like this one.
                    Agreed, although tort law is also in dire need of reform (a certain bug-in-a-bottle story comes to mind).

Yes, a married man has no options. Most, if not all, states have a law that says the husband of the child's mother is the de facto father. Only four states - -- Louisiana, Colorado, Iowa, and Ohio -- have recently allowed the use of DNA tests to dispute a previously acknowledged paternity.

If you are single, you have to be quick. Consider the case of Bert Riddick:

Ten years ago, Riddick was erroneously named by an ex-girlfriend as the father of her child. By the time Riddick realized what had occurred, the statute of limitations for challenging paternity had passed. Riddick, his wife and their three children have fallen from the middle class to homelessness because he is forced to pay $1,400 a month in child support and arrearages. Like many paternity fraud victims, Riddick has never even met the child he is supporting...
                    glennsacks.com/blog/?p=871
                    So the advice would be to keep a year long tab on every girl you sleep with, lest she skip town and have a baby you will pay for but never see? And if you do have a child in wedlock, be prepared to secretly send a cheek swab off to the lab right away?

Originally posted by TuberskiThe Mrs. and I don't have children together and she's not the vindictive type and we aren't going to split, so your advice, while prudent, is unnecessary.
                    A good woman is worth her weight in gold. It is easier to invest in a solid relationship with a healthy woman, then it is to follow the (rhetorical) advice I just gave above.

So, Ben, it appears you are the first and only one that took umbrage at my debating style. Rest assured that I will apologize to anyone that I may inadvertently offend, but in your case it is entirely on purpose.
                    Long live the Dead Threads!!

Comment

No capitalist system will ever get get rid of fraud and idiocy.
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

So, Ben, it appears you are the first and only one that took umbrage at my debating style. Rest assured that I will apologize to anyone that I may inadvertently offend, but in your case it is entirely on purpose.
                        Umbrage?

First off, I wholeheartedly agree with you that the best thing is to find a good woman. I can't argue with that since I said it in my first post here in the thread. Preventative medicine as it were.

Secondly, I could give two figs about your debating style, it was what you said to Tuberski that bothered me. He's been very diplomatic. You would do well to listen to him. You seem to assume he knows nothing about this topic.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                          No ... system will ever get get rid of fraud and idiocy.
                          True
                          John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
                            You would do well to listen to him.
                            Obviously I did, Ben, as the post was addressed to him.

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
                            You seem to assume he knows nothing about this topic.
                            Still do. Aside from forgiving my rather pointed criticism, he only restated his position without any further elaboration on how he comes to that conclusion.

I will continue to listen to him; it is just you I can't hear...la,la,la.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                              No capitalist system will ever get get rid of fraud and idiocy.
                              Yeah, Che, what's up? A free shot at capitalism, or is there some theory of government you have that gets rid of frauds and idiots? I would love to know about it, if so.

(Aside from a fascist state that just rounds them up and shoots them, of course.)

Comment

Yes, a married man has no options. Most, if not all, states have a law that says the husband of the child's mother is the de facto father. Only four states - -- Louisiana, Colorado, Iowa, and Ohio -- have recently allowed the use of DNA tests to dispute a previously acknowledged paternity.
                                Yes, this is english common law, as I mentioned earlier in the thread. In addition to the other piece of common law that prevented this nonsense.

So the advice would be to keep a year long tab on every girl you sleep with, lest she skip town and have a baby you will pay for but never see? And if you do have a child in wedlock, be prepared to secretly send a cheek swab off to the lab right away?
                                When she comes in to the court make her prove with a paternity test that the child is yours, yes. Fight, don't just accept it.

Comment

Working...
                                X