No announcement yet.

It's Obama, stupid: Carter and Gore to end Clinton bid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It can't force her to give up but it can sway the SD's which effectively kills her last hope at getting the nomination. Especially since Pelosi is already campaigning for the SDs to go along with the popular vote.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel
      2) The concern isn't so much with them voting McCain, its them staying home in protest. Either way, its a loss to the Dems, as its a core constituency.
      Some of them that are only voting for Hillary because she's a women, but how many do you think those are? I think most of them care about the issues, although that doesn't seem to be showing up in the polls at this time because of the competition between Obama and Clinton.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander I
        It'll take more than that to make her quit. That woman is tougher (and scarier) than nails.
        You have to realise that she's hurting herself here by not dropping out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramo
          IMO, Obama needs to do two of the following:
          1. Be within 10 in PA.
          2. Win IN.
          3. Win NC by more than 10.
          Not two. One.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious
            You have to realise that she's hurting herself here by not dropping out.
            How, exactly?
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I passed this news on to my mother. She remarked that nobody in their right mind would take political advice from Jimmy Carter.
              Best thread comment ever.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I forget. Was it Elok's mother or Carter who was elected President?

On the other hand, I don't see Hillary taking anyone's advice to quit. Trying to talk her into giving up the Presidency would be like trying to talk a pitbull into letting go of your arm.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

How, exactly?
                  How is she going to look if Obama does lose and a Republican wins again? Sure she will have her die hard supporters but a lot more people are going to be pissed.

Anyway, I think Obama will ask her to be VP.

Comment

How is she going to look if Obama does lose and a Republican wins again? Sure she will have her die hard supporters but a lot more people are going to be pissed
                    And how is that going to hurt her? Unless you think she's planning on running again in 4 years? And by then, it'll be gone (hard to stay mad at someone still wanting to run.. especially if Obama flops horribly, she can say see, THAT is why I wanted to stay in so badly because I knew that would happen).
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

How is she going to look if Obama does lose and a Republican wins again? Sure she will have her die hard supporters but a lot more people are going to be pissed.

Anyway, I think Obama will ask her to be VP.
                      Obama is going to rise or fall based on his own merits and validity as a candidate, to search for a scapegoat is really a mark of disrespect to him. Further, if you think Clinton has damaged him, you are in for a rude awakening when the competition has actual philosophical governance differences.

However, if he does lose the general election, I can see quite a bit of monday morning quarterbacking regarding the mich/fla issues and the general leadership (or lack thereof) of the party.

Comment

However, if he does lose the general election, I can see quite a bit of monday morning quarterbacking regarding the mich/fla issues and the general leadership (or lack thereof) of the party.

I can definitely see that, especially since you have a very established candidate going against him in the primaries. People may more blame themselves for getting caught up in "Obamamentum" and not making the smarter choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

And how is that going to hurt her? Unless you think she's planning on running again in 4 years? And by then, it'll be gone (hard to stay mad at someone still wanting to run.. especially if Obama flops horribly, she can say see, THAT is why I wanted to stay in so badly because I knew that would happen).
                          Because it looks bad when you obviously care only about yourself, and not your principles or political party. I think she's already ****ed that away by staying in the race this long. Majority leader is another matter though. She could get that so long as she doesn't stay in the race too long.

Comment

Because it looks bad when you obviously care only about yourself, and not your principles or political party.
                            It didn't hurt Nixon .

All she has to do is support candidates like her after her loss and say that she disagreed with the direction Obama was taking the party. If he loses, she'll be vindicated.

I think she's already ****ed that away by staying in the race this long. Majority leader is another matter though. She could get that so long as she doesn't stay in the race too long.
                            Actually she HAS to stay in the race as long as she can to get something like Majority Leader. I don't think Reid is going to give that up unless Dean, Pelosi & Co. come to him and say that it is for the best for the party, etc, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander I

I concur.

Is she, the wife and political successor of the most popular Democratic president in recent memory, going to take advice from Jimmy Carter, the most unpopular Democratic president in recent memory, or from Al Gore, the man who lived in her husband's shadow and ultimately lost to Bush?

It'll take more than that to make her quit. That woman is tougher (and scarier) than nails.
                              Carter, Gore, and Kerry (and Kennedy/Pelosi) are all representative of the rot that currently infests the Democratic party leadership. Perhaps rot is too strong a word. Perhaps I should say: representative of the ideals that do not lend themselves to a successful national campaign. Hooray for the superdelegate system.

Comment

... Majority leader is another matter though. She could get that so long as she doesn't stay in the race too long.
                                Hillary as Senate Pro Tem would be a good thing. She's tough, will get the job done, and will kick that wimpy Reid out of the position.

Comment

Working...
                                X