Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there anything good about Christian economic theory?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, the difference is that it's voluntary, unlike Communism.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Re: Re: Is there anything good about Christian economic theory?

Originally posted by Kidicious
      Oh sorry, I forgot that there aren't any theories in the Bible. Only facts.
      No, it's just not an economic theory. Economics is a social science that applies to transactions between humans. I don't know much about economics, but I know that vague promises based (presumptively) on scriptural exegesis don't count as "theories."

I also dislike that you're implying the 700 Club is representative of Christianity as a whole. Maybe if you'd said "fundie pseudo-economic non-theory."
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

There actually is literature on Christian views of economics, predominantly from the 15th to the 17th century.

Mostly dire and only of interest to historians though. One highlight is that usury (lending for interest) was discouraged by the church as it was considered immoral and was actually banned till the mid 16th century. As such church opposition hindered the birth of a market economy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
          No, the difference is that it's voluntary, unlike Communism.
          Or Capitalism, or any other social system.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
          X