Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Huckabee commit political suicide tonight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refusing to cross a picket line is obviously picking labour's side in a dispute.
    And crossing the line is taking an action in favour of management.

I don't understand why you are saying it's better to cross the line then to refrain from crossing.

Attempting to influence people NOT to do business with their employer is one of the pressure tools of strikers
    If the workers aren't there, then how can I do business with him in the first place?
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
      I don't understand why you are saying it's better to cross the line then to refrain from crossing.
      That is because you are not listening, Ben. Nobody is saying customers SHOULD cross the lines.

The strike has nothing to do with the customers (or Huckabee). If you wish to support the strikers, you can do business elsewhere, hopefully.

But if I decide to shop anyways then I am EITHER making a show of support for management's position OR I am just trying to buy the things I need.

I get really ticked off by strikers and protesters who feel they have the legal and moral right to impose their position by blocking roads, etc. You have a right to collective bargaining; you have a right to demonstrate publicly. That's it - the rest of the rules are still in play.
      Long live the Dead Threads!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

And crossing the line is taking an action in favour of management.
        Usually-- although it could be a "don't care" for someone that simply wants or needs something that involves crossing

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

I don't understand how you can think I said that since I never said anything remotely close to that.

All I say is that refusing to cross is picking sides.

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

If the workers aren't there, then how can I do business with him in the first place?
        In some cases you can't since the lack of workers causes a complete shutdown-- In that case a customer/client has no decision to make. But we both know lots of strikes where business can and does continue using only the management folks
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• The point of the picket is to picket your place of work, not others. You could be arrested for that.

You could be arrested for picketing your own place of work as well if you don't let anyone through. Or for blocking roads or whatnot.

Though I'm glad to see all Canadians are not as pro-big-labor as Ben is.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• What's this picket thing you talk of? The strike you talk of is that idiotic writer strike I guess, someone should kick them into work again, that's for sure. But this guy's a politican, right? What does he have to do with some strikers in another profession?
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Huckabee is not a scab. He didn't write for Leno, did he? The picketers who made those signs saying so are idiots.
              "Every time I have to make a tough decision, I ask myself, 'What would Tom Cruise do?' Then I jump up and down on the couch." - Neil Strauss

Comment

Working...
              X