America's Holy Highway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Religion attracts all types of looneys. Religion.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
        Religion
        BSG

Comment

Originally posted by Verto
          BFG
          Fixed. Gotta love Roald Dahl.
          The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
          "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
          "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
          The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

I was kind of hash on religion earlier. Just watched a news story last night about a church helping a family out who lost their mother. I definately respect them when they do charitable acts. And that deserves tax exemption.

It's just when you see these tv evangilists, corrupt priests and ministers, and cathedrals made of gold, you start to get a little jaded.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
              I was kind of hash on religion earlier. Just watched a news story last night about a church helping a family out who lost their mother. I definately respect them when they do charitable acts. And that deserves tax exemption.

It's just when you see these tv evangilists, corrupt priests and ministers, and cathedrals made of gold, you start to get a little jaded.
              I have to agree with you there.
              The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
              "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
              "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
              The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

amzingly enough, the Hebrew scriptures were apparently written without chapter numbers. IIUC the numbering was introduced by Christians in the middle ages.
                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                  I disagree with you.

religion

religious fundamentalism
                  A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

religion

religious fundamentalism

apples
                    APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

Working...
                    X