Old Woman Has Me By the Balls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Darius871

True, but that doesn't bear on whether Wiggy should get even for her almost killing him out on the road. I love how everyone here is just ignoring that part.
    Because it was his fault.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Legally... but whether it was morally his fault is another question. The woman slammed on her breaks... I'd blame her 9 times out of 10. Especially after she was such a ***** to speed up when wiggy was trying to pass her.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by DaShi
        Because it was his fault.
        I'm not talking about her slamming on the brakes (although that's a-holish too as Imran mentions), I'm talking about her speeding up while he was trying to pass, almost causing a collision with oncoming traffic. There's no excuse for that. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if someone somewhere was sued or even found guilty of criminal negligence for doing that on purpose.
        Unbelievable!

Comment

• That's just Wiggy's story. Are you seriously going to believe someone who gave her a credit card so that he could cancel it and avoid responsibilty for his actions? She could have had a perfectly good reason to stop.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

That's just Wiggy's story. Are you seriously going to believe someone who gave her a credit card so that he could cancel it and avoid responsibilty for his actions? She could have had a perfectly good reason to stop.
            Yeah, I'd believe his story because I've run into a TON of drivers who do the same thing. They go slow and then realize someone is going to pass them and start revving the car into overdrive to prevent that... and slam on the breaks "to show him".
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

She could have had a perfectly good reason to stop.
              Even if I were to concede that, what "perfectly good reason" was there for speeding up while someone's passing?

Edit: and what Imran said. I must say that's happened to me at least twice that I can remember.
              Unbelievable!

Comment

• Yes, but we don't know if she's that type of person. All we know of her is Wiggy's description of her which is hardly not biased.
                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Even if I were to concede that, what "perfectly good reason" was there for speeding up while someone's passing?
                  Apparently not causing accidents is too much for this cracker, and she stops suddenly in preparation for a turn. I am going 40, she slows from 25 to about 15, and whammo, I smash her in the ass.
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• I don't think some of you are judging the situation correctly. Wiglaf said that he was trying to pass when there was oncoming traffic coming. He made a dangerous situation. He made the other driver do whatever she did to try to avoid danger.
                    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Apparently not causing accidents is too much for this cracker, and she stops suddenly in preparation for a turn. I am going 40, she slows from 25 to about 15, and whammo, I smash her in the ass.
                      You're not getting it. I'm not talking about the crash, I'm talking about her a-holish driving several minutes before the crash.
                      Unbelievable!

Comment

• It's too absurd. You don't give someone your credit card if they are at fault. Some of you don't seem to have sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious
                          I don't think some of you are judging the situation correctly. Wiglaf said that he was trying to pass when there was oncoming traffic coming. He made a dangerous situation. He made the other driver do whatever she did to try to avoid danger.
                          What? How is deliberately closing his window of opportunity and forcing him to swerve back behind her avoiding danger? The safest thing would have been to leave the window open so he could get in front of her before the oncoming traffic could get too close.
                          Unbelievable!

Comment

You're not getting it. I'm not talking about the crash, I'm talking about her a-holish driving several minutes before the crash.
                            There's no evidence that she actually did that. Wiglaf probably thought she did because he misjudged the speed and distance of the oncoming traffic.
                            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious
                              It's too absurd. You don't give someone your credit card if they are at fault.
                              You could reasonably give someone your credit card even if they're at fault, as long as you expect (as Wiggy did) not to actually lose any money.
                              Unbelievable!

Comment

What? How is deliberately closing his window of opportunity and forcing him to swerve back behind her avoiding danger? The safest thing would have been to leave the window open so he could get in front of her before the oncoming traffic could get too close.
                                You don't know that. It's a judgement call. It's reasonable to speed up if you think the person is a dumbass and missjudged the oncoming cars so that the person can get behind you.

Comment

Working...
                                X