No announcement yet.

Old Woman Has Me By the Balls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darius, how does the old lady deserve any punishment? Wiggy was clearly at fault, it was his idea to settle it between themselves, and then he attempted to defraud her by giving her a credit card that he would immediately cancel. Telling the cops that she stole his card would just be, not only totally idiotic, but morally disgusting. Not that either quality is out of line with his earlier behavior.
    "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
    -Bokonon

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious

WTF? It wouldn't start out as a criminal case unless someone gave a false report to police. Our point of contention was whether it was a civil or criminal case if based on the assumption that both parties were truthfull. Adding that someone gives a false report totally changes things, of course.
      I never made the assumption that Wiggy would be 100% honest. Hell, the OP already makes it clear that he has no qualms about deceiving people.

Anyway, the bottom line here is that Wiggy should report the card's charges ASAP and see what happens.
      Unbelievable!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramo
        Darius, how does the old lady deserve any punishment?
        A) She was driving like a jackass, B) she unethically made purchases that had nothing to do with repairing her car, and C) she immorally chose to keep this crash a secret from insurance companies and authorities. She ain't squeaky-clean here either.

Originally posted by Ramo
        he attempted to defraud her by giving her a credit card that he would immediately cancel.
        Incorrect; according to Wiggy's representations here, she fully understood that the card would be canceled ASAP and that her spending spree could only last until the cancellation. There was no fraud on his part.

In fact, she probably thought she could bilk thousands of dollars (far more than the damage suffered) before he'd be able to cancel, meaning she manipulated him unjustly. He's the victim here and should seek whatever retribution he can find.

Originally posted by Ramo
        Not that either quality is out of line with his earlier behavior.
        Bingo.
        Last edited by Darius871; August 18, 2007, 23:23.
        Unbelievable!

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius871
          I never made the assumption that Wiggy would be 100% honest. Hell, the OP already makes it clear that he has no qualms about deceiving people.
          There's a big difference between not being 100% honest and filing a false police report. He could get himself in a lot of trouble, and what for? Why would we assume that he would do that?
          Anyway, the bottom line here is that Wiggy should report the card's charges ASAP and see what happens.

Well, if this lady is as sharp as Wiggy makes her out to be Wiggy will be in for his just deserve.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Darius,

Remeber that you've only heard one side of the story. And I would think that you would realize that Wiglaf's story is a bunch of crap. All we are left to do is try to figure out what really happened. If you have any common sense you will come to the conclusion that Wiglaf was totally in the wrong here.

Also, just because the damages are to her car doesn't mean that she should have to use the credit card to fix her car. She should be able to use it on whatever she wants to. Legally the amount should not be over what it would cost to fix her car.

Comment

There's a big difference between not being 100% honest and filing a false police report.
              If he just said "someone made a bunch of Amazon charges on my card last week and it sure wasn't me," that wouldn't be a false police report at all. In fact it'd be 100% honest, and could even be enough to get her in a criminal court without it ever coming back to him.
              Unbelievable!

Comment

Remeber that you've only heard one side of the story. And I would think that you would realize that Wiglaf's story is a bunch of crap. All we are left to do is try to figure out what really happened. If you have any common sense you will come to the conclusion that Wiglaf was totally in the wrong here.
                No, "common sense" would dictate that she should have just reported the crash like any law-abiding citizen. By going outside proper procedure for her own personal gain, she should be prepared to accept the consequences.

Originally posted by Kidicious
                Also, just because the damages are to her car doesn't mean that she should have to use the credit card to fix her car. She should be able to use it on whatever she wants to.
                Oh really? If I rear-end you, you file an insurance claim for a new fender, and you get a cashier's check for the fender estimate's amount, are you allowed to go spend that money on a new subwoofer? No. Anyone in the insurance business knows that's unequivocally illegal, and the same underlying principle should apply here.

Originally posted by Kidicious
                Legally the amount should not be over what it would cost to fix her car.
                And that goes back to the point I made to Ramo: she probably had the intent to rake in every last dime she could before the cancellation took effect. What if Wiggy had taken two hours to cancel instead of half an hour, or if he had forgotten altogether? Just imagine how much more of his money this wicked old harpy would have pilfered.
                Last edited by Darius871; August 18, 2007, 23:40.
                Unbelievable!

Comment

• He would have to say "someone made charges on my card that I did not approve", which he (tacitly) approved. Sorry, he'd lose.

Anyhow, why is this discussion continuing... this is literally the stupidest thing i've ever heard
                  <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• I'm going to go way out on a limb here and suggest either...

1) his credit limit was $350.

2) his credit limit is $10,000 of which $350 remained.
                    Long time member @ Apolyton
                    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius871

If he just said "someone made a bunch of Amazon charges on my card last week and it sure wasn't me," that wouldn't be a false police report at all. In fact it'd be 100% honest, and could even be enough to get her in a criminal court without it ever coming back to him.
                      It seems like you have no experience with this type of thing at all. You have to explain everything. You just can't say my card was stolen.

Comment

• Darius, you are my new hero..this is precisely what I needed. Someone to sit down and think things through for me and help me out. The damage to my car I am getting fixed on Monday (I think that is going down).

My assessment of this situation is that she is screwed and that she deserves it. Did I hit her? Yes, but she clearly wanted me to be splattered head-on by traffic and probably would have spent $10,000 if given the time. She has no sense of justice and is in fact a criminal and attempted murderer.

Darius

It seems like you have no experience with this type of thing at all. You have to explain everything. You just can't say my card was stolen.
                        Can say "I lost it" ..

Comment

• Completely
                          Long time member @ Apolyton
                          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiglaf

Can say "I lost it" ..
                            That will hold up only to the point where they check with the old lady and discover you freely gave the card number to her. Best case scenario, it's your word against hers -- but since you appear to be an immature, sociopathic doofus with anger management issues, I think we all know how that will go. At that point, it will look (correctly) as if you've filed a false report with your credit card company. Probably not a crime, but be prepared for a nasty black mark on your credit history -- which, in the long run, will be even worse.

You're f*cked. Now bend over and spread 'em like a man.
                            "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

• I am posting here because I have a potential grievance with Wiglaf and I am looking at filing a lawsuit to recover any losses. However if you private message me your bank account number and PIN, I will let it go...scouts honour
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Actually yes I have, and the fact that you even ask this makes me question your experience.

Just this spring I noticed three months of $12.99 charges on my credit card for some online fantasy game site, and all I had to do was call my bank to report that the charges had occurred. I was immediately refunded the $38.97 by the site that charged, and later the user wound up with a gross misdemeanor on his record.

And guess what Kid? The fact that I voluntarily gave the number to my roommate a year ago so he could buy some Tool tickets never became an issue. There wasn't even a single solitary follow-up call, let alone some Columbo guy grilling me under the lights to see if I omitted anything from my initial report.

All I had to do was perfunctorily set the gears in motion and then the whole process operated independently of me. Why? A) Alleged consent is deemed irrelevant for online purchases because these in particular include an implicit representation that X using Y's card is Y, B) financial institutions have an obvious incentive to protect and retain their customers, and C) both the financial institutions' fraud departments and the criminal justice system itself are far too swamped to thoroughly investigate the bull**** stories of every single thief, especially for crimes as minor as this and with a story as downright unbelievable as this.

It would go the same way for Wiglaf.
                                Last edited by Darius871; August 19, 2007, 08:18.
                                Unbelievable!

Comment

Working...
                                X