Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When your military service and patriotism counts for nothing . . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lord of the mark
    Leviticus only bans gay anal sex.
    Teh Bible-writers were fans of teh lesbians, too?
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I didn't even think you could do your wife doggy style.

:shrugs:
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

But I don't have a wife
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
          But I don't have a wife
          I guess you can't then. I am right. Good. That's 3 times.

Comment

So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
            Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

If they can't bury gay navy men then we're going to be up to our asses in...opppss, not good.
              Long time member @ Apolyton
              Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

I would be curious to know what others who are deemed "sinners" by this particular church, or other churches whom they would refuse to hold memorial services, or deny proper burial in their cemetery?

Are affirmative gay men the only so-called "sinners" who are to be singled out for this degrading treatment?
                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

No, they won't bury French people either.
                  Long time member @ Apolyton
                  Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Or vegetarians.
                    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                      No, they won't bury French people either.
                      AMEN!

EViiiiiiL!!! - Mermaid Man

Comment

There's a fair number of French people I'd like to bury..

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva

Teh Bible-writers were fans of teh lesbians, too?
                          According to that view, lesbianism isnt banned by Leviticus either. But thats not particularly controversial, even the Orthodox agree that the bible doesnt ban lesbianism per se. Its banned by later rabbinic injunction in order to limit "lewdness". C agrees on that as well. Where they part company is on what modern legal authorities should do faced with early rabbinic injunctions against lesbianism on the one hand, and a general injunction in favor of human dignity on the other hand.

Now Reform goes even a bit further, of course

Last edited by lord of the mark; August 15, 2007, 09:18.
                          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark

According to that view, lesbianism isnt banned by Leviticus either. But thats not particularly controversial, even the Orthodox agree that the bible doesnt ban lesbianism per se. Its banned by later rabbinic injunction in order to limit "lewdness". C agrees on that as well. Where they part company is on what modern legal authorities should do faced with early rabbinic injunctions against lesbianism on the one hand, and a general injunction in favor of human dignity on the other hand.

Now Reform goes even a bit further, of course

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/893859.html
                            Damn and I almost thought I was going to get away with my stance against gay men but for lesbians. Problem is, I'm a big fan of lewdness too. Guess it's off to hell for me.
                            EViiiiiiL!!! - Mermaid Man

Comment

Maybe there are lewd Christians.

?????

Well maybe one day.

Comment

Will they bury Ted Haggard? That's an interesting question.
                                In da butt.
                                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Working...
                                X