Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do illegal aliens have Congressional representation? Should they?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At any rate, all liberal Californians should support representation based on illegal status.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Being in the US illegally is not breaking the law?

That's news to me.
      Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
        Being in the US illegally is not breaking the law?

That's news to me.
        Well you also compare it to murder so that doesn't suprise me.

Comment

Question: Do drug dealers....lobby congress in Washington?
          I wouldn't be surprised if the answer is yes. Drugs remain illegal thus ensuring their monopoly.
          "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

erm... please dont mind me... but i love a good Kidicious debate!

piece™
            Order of the Fly
            Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Obviously I should have been clearer.

What I mean is this: the number of reps a state has is based on its population. But does that population count include illegals?

If so: Texas, say, would then have an extra congressman, owing to the size of its illegal population. Is that appropriate?

If not: the constitution says to count people in apportioning Congress -- it says nothing about thehir legal status. So then should states with more illegals get more Congressional representation?
              "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Should we could people here on vacation?
                "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

no taxation without representation works both ways
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
                    Should we could people here on vacation?
                    People here on vacation don't live here. Illegal aliens do.

A better question would be, "should we count all those Indian tech workers in New Jersey who are here on H1B visas?" That's a good question.
                    "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

A sizeable number of illegals pay taxes, if only because they're working on phony social security numbers.

Comment

if they can't be counted they can't be represented
                        if they would just get their own SSN then they would be represented
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

You are refering to income tax I suppose. So what about people who don't make enough to pay income tax?

Comment

poor people? this is America, I don't believe in poor people
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

if they can't be counted they can't be represented
                              if they would just get their own SSN then they would be represented

First you claim that they shouldn't be represented because they are criminals (comparing them to murderers), which isn't true. They haven't broken any criminal law.

Then you claim that they shouldn't be counted because they don't pay taxes when there is no law that requires you to pay taxes in order to be represented.

Now you are saying that they can't be counted? WTF?

Comment

poor people? this is America, I don't believe in poor people
                                You have been wrong at least 4 times in this thread. I say that you should not be represented in Congress for that.

Comment

Working...
                                X