Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do illegal aliens have Congressional representation? Should they?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The" definition is determined by the context, not the dictionary. Those who write the dictionary try to determine the meaning from how it is used in context. Sometimes the don't do a perfect job. "The" definition is not necessarily the definition in the dicitonary.
    Now that's sig material.
    Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious

Er, no. You got caught up in a loop and you can't get out of it, because you are wrong and can't or won't admit it.
      That's pretty asinine, don't you think.

Your argument is clearly faulted and to resort to such an infantile statement is ludicrous.

Continually denying a "fact" is the height of ignorance. Sadly you qualify on this one.

I'm done.
      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO

That's pretty asinine, don't you think.

Your argument is clearly faulted and to resort to such an infantile statement is ludicrous.

Continually denying a "fact" is the height of ignorance. Sadly you qualify on this one.

I'm done.
        Your argument went in a loop. I followed. WTF?!
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Japher

Now that's sig material.
          con·text (kŏn'tĕkst')
          n.
          The part of a text or statement that surrounds a particular word or passage and determines its meaning.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
            Congress represents voters. Pretty much ends the discussion, huh? I can't believe it was even a question.
            If state A has 5 million adults and 0 children, and state B has 5 million adults and 5 million children, state B gets 2x the representation of state A, even though it has the same number of voters.
            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Wow. I come home for lunch, and my moring grouchiness pales in comparison.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                Wow. I come home for lunch, and my moring grouchiness pales in comparison.
                Cheer up, Sloww. Based on DanS's answer, Texas probably gets a whole extra eloctoral vote, or maybe even two, because of it's illegal population!
                "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

its

Comment

I have no doubt of the numbers.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                      its
                      No, it's -- as in, "It's first thing in the morning here, so give me a break."

"I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

the number of reps a state has is based on its population. But does that population count include illegals?
                        no, they'd have to take the census and they dont... But as I said, the reps of that state know the general size of the population and undoubtedly get money to deal with them. The Feds even subsidize prisons so the states get money for every inmate. No wonder the jails are overcrowded, the prison lobby is big.

Comment

Yes, the population count includes illegals. The Census Bureau has made clear that they will not hold it against illegals if they answer the census.
                          I heard that in the 90s before the Repubs got control the Dems were trying to get the census to estimate the population of illegals because it was too hard finding and getting them to take the census. I dont know what the policy is today but I doubt many illegals take the census. States with larger populations certainly have an incentive to ensure illegals can be counted without being deported, so it wouldn't surprise me if we've been making it less dangerous for illegals to identify themselves...and trust the politicians

Yes, the census should count illegals - the Constitution says all free people shall be counted, not citizens or legal people. But does that apply to people who dont actually live here? Could a state get a massive influx of people when a census is underway, lose the population and keep its representation?

And I gotta agree with the Kid, the word "crime" is a subset of the word "illegal". And trespassing should or does fall under the misdemeanor class of (civil) offense. Is it a felony to enter the USA without permission?
                          Last edited by Berzerker; June 15, 2007, 00:12.

Comment

It's not disclosed. Totally anonymous.

Comment

first you gotta find the illegals, then they gotta respond. What percent of illegals took the census in 2000?

Comment

they shouldn't get a representation; they are not citizens by law. If I were an illegal allien, I would never demand a right to vote.
                                "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                                I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                                Middle East!

Comment

Working...
                                X