Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nicolai, JM and such, I have an honest question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlowwHand
    Methodist.

Burning and crucifixion...sounds painful...
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

bleh

Comment

1. Christianity is about Jesus Christ who died for sinners.
        The gay-topic is far far far from what christianity is about.
        I easily accept every christian as a brother/sister in Jesus who has a total opposite opinion on homosexuality.
        It's the non-christians who make such a bit issue about homosexuality.

2. The Bible defenitely does not reject gays. It may reject the act of gay sex, either between two heterosexual males and two homosexual males. If the Bible does list the latter as a sin, then it's 'just' a sin like all other sins. No sin is worse or less evil then another sin.

3. If homosexuality is a sin is a matter of interpretation. Is the Bible talking about the Roman sexual orgies where heterosexuals performed gay-sex? Decadent sex parties? Perhaps.

The topic of homosexuality is a difficult topic. It's difficult because it's about people who have feelings. homosexuality in history is not only about love and sex in history either. It's known that some rulers penetrated their slaves as a form of dominance.
        I think that everybody would agree that that's a total disgusting thing.

I have no problems with the Bible or christianity and any of it's teachings.
        I do have problems with people who advocate hate against gay people, like the people of the website godhatesfags.com
        A few years ago I prayed to God to take the website down. A few minutes later the site was down and stayed down for a couple of months

You decide if that was a miracle or a co-incident
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
          2. The Bible defenitely does not reject gays. It may reject the act of gay sex, either between two heterosexual males and two homosexual males.
          to not rejecting sex between two females
          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I think it nowhere explicitly rejects that indeed
            I may be wrong though.

Comment

It does in one location. The NT one. The OT just refers to males, I think.

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                It does in one location. The NT one. The OT just refers to males, I think.

JM
                quote it

Comment

Romans 1 (New International Version)

" 26Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion."

Jon Miller
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Rom 1:26 and following
                    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Thanks (was too lazy to look it up)

This passage is interesting, btw.
                      Homosexuality is not described as a sin overhere, but as a punishment.
                      People became homosexual or started to perform homosexual acts, as a punishment of God.....

Comment

Yep, that is why I think it is a result of living in a sinful world. A consequence more like it.

Jon Miller
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Shawn Miller, you actually transport that idea into our world?

Comment

I think that God is behind the design of the universe. I take the "Myth" of genesis to mean that the universe is not how God would wish it, but has changed or become changed due to sin existing in the universe. Among these differences are the things that cause suffering/etc in our universe.

I admit that I don't understand it, I think that it likely all happens at a level that is unreachable to our scientific probes... outside of the universe if you will.

Jon Miller
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Note that this thinking is a consequence of me being Christian, it is not why I am Christian. If I wasn't Christian, I wouldn't think in such a matter.

However, believing in God and believing in Christianity/the Bible (both which require faith) means that this thinking does not require any additional faith. Also, if I hear a better idea that leaves everything consistent, I am more than willing to change.

If you will, this thinking is philosophy or metaphysics.. and not core either.

Jon Miller
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
                                Shawn Miller, you actually transport that idea into our world?
                                Additionally, and this might be nonsense since it isn't an area that I am an expert in, but inherent homosexuality in the animal kingdom has been linked with pollution. If you consider that we should be stewards of the earth (a biblical idea), then pollution is sinful...

Jon Miller
                                Jon Miller-
                                I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Working...
                                X