Russia to temporarily withdraw from Treaty on Conventional Forces in Europe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All those Arctic and Chinese military bases

Just out of curiosity Serb, who is the trend for US troop levels in Europe?
    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by DinoDoc
      Spoils of the Cold War. You lost. Suck it up.
      Friends and allies, my ass

p.s. We'll see who lose at the end of the day.

Comment

• So which come back are you looking to emulate, Mussolini's restoration of Rome or Bin Laden restoration of the Caliphate?

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you, Serb.
        "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patroklos

How many people live in Russia, how much territory do you have?

How many people live in The Netherlands, how much territory do they have?

The fact that you point out that Russia's GDP is only 3 times that of the Dutch, and say it proudly, is self pwnage.
          I pointed that Saras is wrong. The end of story.

p.s. Give us time. We are recovering from the largest geopolitical catastrophe of the 20th century (c). It's something that Netherlands have not experienced.

The fact that after disaster of 1991 and a decade of Yeltsin's anarchy now we have a world's 9th largest economy which is growing 6-7% for seven years in a row, it's something that I am not ashamed of.

Comment

• Originally posted by Serb

Friends and allies, my ass

p.s. We'll see who lose at the end of the day.
            WE WILL BURY YOU!

Ok, Serb.

-Arrian
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

All those Arctic and Chinese military bases
              All those new NATO members and US military bases in Middle Asia.

Just out of curiosity Serb, who is the trend for US troop levels in Europe?
              You tell me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arrian

WE WILL BURY YOU!

Ok, Serb.

-Arrian
                Damn right!

Comment

• You tell me.
                  Decreasing, steadily, for a decade. Most of the troops actually stationed there are not even there right now.

So speaking of being agressive, the US has been predictably decreasing its conventional forces in Europe, while Russia just withdrew from the CFE treaty...

Comment

• Originally posted by PLATO

Yes, but that truly is Voodoo and really irrelevant.
                    Perhaps you know other method to compare real values of GDP of two different countries?

Comment

Decreasing, steadily, for a decade. Most of the troops actually stationed there are not even there right now.

So speaking of being agressive, the US has been predictably decreasing its conventional forces in Europe,
                      At the same time pumping up NATO with new members.
                      Something which you promised not to do when we disbanded the Warsaw Pact. Now, when we shut-down our radar at Cuba and closed our military base in Vietnam you want to place an integral part of US nuclear potential near our borders. Great

while Russia just withdrew from the CFE treaty...
                      Because Russia was the only party who fulfilled its obligations. When there is only one side which fulfills its obligations, the treaty becomes pointless.

Comment

No you didn't.
                        Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                        Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                        Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

• At the same time pumping up NATO with new members.
                          As if those countries were not your sworn enemies any way. They were defacto NATO members the moment your thugs were overthrown and your military took off its thumb.

, when we shut-down our radar at Cuba and closed our military base in Vietnam
                          So? The only people who thought they were more worthless then us is probably you.

you want to place an integral part of US nuclear potential near our borders.
                          What part of our nuclear potential is next to your borders?

Because Russia was the only party who fulfilled its obligations. When there is only one side which fulfills its obligations, the treaty becomes pointless.
                          What part of the treaty did we not fullfill?

Comment

• The whole argument that Serb is portraying is where the root of the problem is. Russia continues to be a state that sees itself dominating others. As long as this trend continues then Russia will see other States moving to counter this. The bottom line is this: Russia can act like an allie or they can act like an advesary. It would be foolhardy of them to feel like they could win another cold war given the fact that they lost the last one so badly that even Serb recognizes that it was a disaster for them and given the fact that the Western democracies are economically much larger than they were 20 years ago.

When we are even discussing the relative strength of Russia's economy compared to The Netherlands is pretty telling of the real story here.

So here's the message to Russia: If you want to be an allie, then act like it. If not, then you will head down the same path that lead to your last disaster...your choice.
                            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

All those new NATO members and US military bases in Middle Asia.
                              We left our base in Uzbekistan, cause the govt there was slaughtering its own people. You and your Chinese friends have welcomed them into your SCO. A superior democrat, my ass.
                              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

p.s. Give us time. We are recovering from the largest geopolitical catastrophe of the 20th century (c). It's something that Netherlands have not experienced. .
                                Yes, recovering from the disaster of 1918 will take you some time.
                                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
                                X