Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yet more proof that abstince only sex education is a complete failure.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
    I don't see the rationale of saying that all teenagers will have sex no matter what we do when many choose to wait.
    why not? many choose to wait based on parenting... social life...
    but most DEF not related to what they learned in "school"

Kids laugh and joke and make fun of sex ed classes...
    TRUST...
    piece
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Says Kirk?

Kirk waited until he was an adult to leave Iowa and begin his spunk-stained journey across the galaxy...
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

As for Abstinence Only being as good as Comprehensive Sex Ed... You're just refusing to acknowledge the truth.
        Well I'm obviously one of the what did you call me?

One of the 'religious lunatic fringe?'

I'm all about truth, it's about time you started asking the question as to whether kids are really being told the truth in their sex ed classes.

You say there is such a thing as safe sex, which is really a myth. There isn't and most folks nowadays will admit the truth that there is always a risk associated with sex. Any program that is interested in the truth will teach this fact.

As cited in the link in post 17 virtually all studies show that with real sex ed the use of protection among sexually active young people increases dramatically.
        Again, the analogy with the bungee jumper. What is the goal here Oerdin? To make sure that people have stronger cords when they jump? Why don't we try to reduce unnecessary risks?

Or perhaps you believe that sex is a necessity, and that you'd die without it?

The difference is the goal of abstinence programs is to scare people into not having sex and in this they are a dismal failure. The goal of real sex ed is to educate people about human sexuality, the various diseases out there, and how to avoid those diseases if they decide to have sex. Real sex ed works and abstinence only doesn't.
        Define what you mean about 'educate about human sexuality'. I would be very curious to understand what you mean by this, there are plenty of buzzwords encapsulated within that short statement.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Who knows what you can catch from those aliens, though

Comment

I'm all about truth, it's about time you started asking the question as to whether kids are really being told the truth in their sex ed classes.

Yes.

Comment

You say there is such a thing as safe sex, which is really a myth.

You are an idiot.

Comment

sex ed is a complete and utter JOKE
                Order of the Fly

Comment

Because a lot of them are going to anyway.
                  Some will drink and drive too. I guess that means we should ensure they wear their seatbelt.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Who knows what you can catch from those aliens, though

There's a reason he cultivated such a close personal relationship with Bones...
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

You are an idiot.
                      Wow, I've graduated up from where I was before.

Thanks Kuci.

Glad to know I'm making progress.

Comment

Wow, I've graduated up from where I was before.

Thanks Kuci.

Glad to know I'm making progress.
                        Well, to be fair, you're more just thoroughly deluded than idiotic

Comment

Some will drink and drive too. I guess that means we should ensure they wear their seatbelt.
                          Um, duh?

Comment

Abstinence

But I may be foreced to be abstinebnt next wekend I was out at teh club (pasha on 21st & p ) and danced with tihs smokin hgot spanish chick, so I at teh end of the nighty i asked her to write her phone numebr down for me, so she wrote something down and foldeld up teh paper and gave it to me, and I jsut checked it and it'es her damn myspace profiel...WTF? WhoTF does that? I'm goign to give up a guaranteed lay next week for my prirnciples (never have antyhign to do with myspace)
                            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                              and I jsut checked it and it'es her damn myspace profiel...WTF? WhoTF does that? I'm goign to give up a guaranteed lay next week for my prirnciples (never have antyhign to do with myspace)
                              Order of the Fly

Comment

I love LordShiva's typing when he's drunk.

Comment

Working...
                                X