Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't like to be around gay people. I'm homophobic. It shouldn't be in the world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VJ:

I imagine you're correct.

And, honestly, I'd be fibbing if I didn't admit to some squeamishness when envisioning two men making love to each other. But that's where I leave it. I don't try to legislate my views into law. I don't try to "cure" a gay individual. I basically try and be nice to folks I encounter in my life, unless they're taking advantage of myself or others.

Gatekeeper (who suffers from the male syndrome of *not* being turned off by seeing two women making love)
    "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by Brachy-Pride
      I dont think gay people are an ethnic group like african-americans, kurds, jews etc.
      Gays are people from many different ethnic groups (well, from all ethnic groups) who feel attarcted to people of the same sex.
      Gays are as much of an ethnic group as stamp collectors.
      Agreed. But they're still being discriminated against, much as, throughout history, various ethnicities, faiths and whatnot have. And that's the whole point, really: discrimination knows no boundaries. It's a human frailty, a failing on our part at a a species level, if not individual.

If a person wants to get a metaphysical about it, I figure God (or, insert deity of your choice here) put us all here for a reason, gave us brains for a reason, and also gave us free will for a reason. If He wanted obedient little pet sheep who are utterly predictable and boring, never capable of evolving into something higher and better, He'd never have given us intelligence and free will.

What we do with it is up to us. And discrimination is one of the warts of free will.

Gatekeeper
      "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
        Let's give a thumbs down to Zoid because he gives a thumbs down to homophobes because they give a thumbs down to gays

(because they give a thumbs down to straight sex?)

Comment

Snoop, I agree 100% with what you said.

I too think he has a right to that opinion but should have kept his mouth shut since he is looked up to and some people will think it's ok since he does. But he had the right to say it no matter how stupid it makes him look. Just like the KKK is entitled to their speeches.
          PC or not.

As I have said before on this site. When I was younger I was on the homophobic side. It wasn't till I got older and actual met and worked with quite a few gay guys that I learned that there were good gay guys and bad gay guys just like every other group. Maybe Tim just needs to get out or have a few of his friends come out so he could come to the same realization that I did.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Why do we kill the gays? We kill... to be rid of... the gays! [/Herm]

Comment

Originally posted by Deity Dude

Is that because it points out the lack of substance in your argument.

One of the nice things about America is we still have Freedom of Speecd and Freedom of Association.
              Crap is crap it's as simple as that...
              I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

What good is having clout, or influence, if you cannot use it to promote your views? "I don't do drugs, I practice safe sex, and I don't like gay people. Kids, stay in school, and say no to gangs and American Idol. Bush should be impeached, and adopting small puppies encouraged." Should one only promote the things society in general deems acceptable, or also the controversial ones, which one believes in?
                I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                  Yeah, Zoid. You give a thumbs down to homophobes, because they give a thumbs down to gays.
                  Is there a difference?
                  Of course it is. Freedom of speech is no excuse for being homophobic. The freedom of one individual ends where another individuals freedom begins. I can't belive I have to explain this to an american...

Comment

Originally posted by Zoid

Of course it is. Freedom of speech is no excuse for being homophobic. The freedom of one individual ends where another individuals freedom begins. I can't belive I have to explain this to an american...
                    Err... Freedom of speech means you can make as many homophobic statements as you like.
                    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Yep, the american way. Which america are you thinking of Zoid?
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Not so. Why else do most western countries have laws against racial slurs and hate speech? It's to stop bigots, homophobes, racists and nazis from spewing out their crap and hide behind the notion of free speech...

Contrary to popular belief free speech isn't actually free. Yes you can say what you want, but you won't get away with it most of the time...

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                          Yep, the american way. Which america are you thinking of Zoid?
                          Probably the liberal dream of America, and not the sordid cesspool that is the actual one...

Comment

Crap is crap it's as simple as that...
                            By that were you referring to Freedom of Speech or Freedom of Association?

Comment

I'm talking about spreading hate and bigotry and calling it Free Speech.

Comment

I'm talking about spreading hate and bigotry and calling it Free Speech.
                                Nobody's "spreading" anything.
                                THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                                AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                                AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                                DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Working...
                                X