Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't like to be around gay people. I'm homophobic. It shouldn't be in the world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't like to be around gay people. I'm homophobic. It shouldn't be in the world

Tim Hardaway: 'I Hate Gay People'
    Click PLAY Former NBA Player John Amaechi Interview, Full Hardaway Comments
    Slideshow: Celebrity Foot in Mouth Disease
    Slideshow: In To Be Out: Gay Celebrities
    Poll

I Think Tim Hardway's 'I Hate Gays' Comments are:
    You need the latest Flash player to view our Poll.
    Click here to download.

Click here to bypass this detection if you already have the latest Flash Player.

(CBS4) MIAMI Former Miami Heat superstar Tim Hardaway told a local sports radio show that he "hates gay people."

Read Comments About Hardaway's statements, and leave your own

Hardaway made the comments while he was being interviewed by Dan Le Batard on 790 the Ticket Wednesday afternoon.

The five time All Star was asked how he would deal with a gay teammate.

"First of all I wouldn't want him on my team," said Hardaway. "Second of all, if he was on my team I would really distance myself from him because I don't think that's right and I don't think he should be in the locker room when we're in the locker room."

Le Batard took Hardaway to task, pointing out that his comments were 'flatly homophobic' and bigoted, but that only seemed to stir up the former point guard.

"Well, you know, I hate gay people," Hardaway said in response to Le Batard. "I let it be known I don't like gay people. I don't like to be around gay people. I'm homophobic. It shouldn't be in the world, in the United States, I don't like it."

Hear the unedited Jim Berry interview. Tim Hardaway Explains His Beliefs

Comment On Tim Hardaway's Anti-Gay Remarks

Hardaway's comments come on the heels of a groundbreaking revelation made by former player John Amaechi, who became the first professional basketball player to openly identify himself as gay.

Amaechi became only the sixth male atlhlete from one of the four major American sports (NBA,MLB,NFL,NHL) to admit he is gay.

Former NFL running back David Kopay , offensive lineman Roy Simmons and defensive lineman Esera Tuaolo just recently came out.

Glenn Burke, an outfielder for the Los Angeles Dodgers and the Oakland Athletics in the 1970s, and Billy Bean, a utility player in the 1980s and 1990s, have also come out.

No player has ever publicly admitted to being gay while currently playing for one of the four major American sports.

dg

Comment?

You want a comment?

Why the hell would I want to comment?
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Homophobes
    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

This is hardly suprising. Black men and athletes are two of the most homophobic groups in our society. Hardaway is a member of both.
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
        This is hardly suprising. Black men and athletes are two of the most homophobic groups in our society. Hardaway is a member of both.
        0.1/10

Comment

I don't think you understand how the game works...
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aneeshm

0.1/10
            While he is correct, he is only talking about American society. I guess nothing can quite compare to India, which still throws its gays in prison for the rest of their lives.
            "Civilised"...not if the BJP gets its way.
            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Originally posted by Tacc

While he is correct, he is only talking about American society. I guess nothing can quite compare to India, which still throws its gays in prison for the rest of their lives.
              "Civilised"...not if the BJP gets its way.
              Another 0.1/10.

Comment

Indeed, I don't see a denial there.

Kind of sad when the Democratic Republic of the Congo is more tolerant than you are, isn't it?
                Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

I suspect the NBA is 100% gay.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                    I don't think you understand how the game works...
                    I agree with Drake Tungsten...

Comment

I think this is a good thing. People who don't like being aorund gay people should feel that they can come out of the closet and reveal the truth about their homophobia without being jumped on. It's only their opinion and as long as they don't do anything to hurt gay people, they should be tolerated.

It's amazing how many people I've seen discussing their abject disgust and hatred for gay people, yet they would never ever admit to being homophobic.

Comment

No, we can't let these homophobes go around corrupting our youth. Scientists need to find the homophobe gene immediately and end this problem before it's too late.
                        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Aneeshm just doesn't get it, sadly.

re: tassi's map: Spain has gay marriage? And South Africa?

Comment

I've heard this one disccussed quite a bit, and my question to the people that think this is really horrible would be, how would you feel if you substitute the word NAZI for gay. Does that make it different? Or are you just mad because he's voicing an opinion different then yours. Or is it ok to hate nazi's but not gays.
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

re: tassi's map: Spain has gay marriage? And South Africa?
                              Indeed they do. You will notice the sky has not fallen on either of them yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X