Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't like to be around gay people. I'm homophobic. It shouldn't be in the world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life in prison is an interesting punishment for being gay...

Comment

It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Kuci, you should to some in-depth investigation of that theory...

The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Kuci, you should to some in-depth investigation of that theory...

I volunteer
          Maybe Joncha could join us in our experiment (for SCIENCE!)
          Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
          Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph
            I suspect the NBA is 100% gay.
            Not as gay as American football, where a bunch of men in tight pants get all sweaty and jump onto each other in a big pile up with protection.
            B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Zoid

I am so tired of the old "replace this with that..." It's crap.
              Is that because it points out the lack of substance in your argument.

One of the nice things about America is we still have Freedom of Speecd and Freedom of Association.

Comment

Yeah, Zoid. You give a thumbs down to homophobes, because they give a thumbs down to gays.
                Is there a difference?
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

It's compicated... I guess part of the problem is"homophobe" means a lot of things, anything from just "doesn't like gay people" to "wants to take gay people out back and shoot them". The difference most people would probably see here is that "hating" someone (for any reason) is not okay, but "disapproving" of them is okay.

Thus, a minimally homophobic attitude (disapproving of their choice to be gay) is okay, for those people who consider it a choice (and folks, please understand this is an opinion and not one that will change for most of those who hold it - we can't truly scientifically prove otherwise, yet, so don't argue this point here please.) Conversely, disapproving of homophobes is okay, but not hating them.

The other way to see it, of course, is for those who consider homosexuality a 'fact of nature' rather than a choice; then they presumably argue that it's okay to (disapprove/hate) someone for opinions/choices, but not for facts of nature (race, gender, homosexuality). However, that's a pretty thin argument IMO. Particularly when many of those people hate/disapprove of islamic folks, and religion is a fact of environment which is essentially a fact of nature [something beyond your control].

So, Rah, what I'D say, is that Tim Hardaway shouldn't say hate-speech on television, and shouldn't use his position of respect to promote 'hate' of any sort. However, I don't hate him Just ... disappointed in a player I had a lot of respect for before yesterday.
                  <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Let's give a thumbs down to Zoid because he gives a thumbs down to homophobes because they give a thumbs down to gays

(because they give a thumbs down to straight sex?)
                    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Welcome to the world of political correctness, rah

Asmodean
                      Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                        Yeah, Zoid. You give a thumbs down to homophobes, because they give a thumbs down to gays.
                        Is there a difference?
                        But yes, there is a difference.
                        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                          Or is it ok to hate nazi's but not gays.

Society would seem to suggest so, and I'm no hurry to challenge society on that point.
                          The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                            I've heard this one disccussed quite a bit, and my question to the people that think this is really horrible would be, how would you feel if you substitute the word NAZI for gay. Does that make it different? Or are you just mad because he's voicing an opinion different then yours. Or is it ok to hate nazi's but not gays.
                            Let's substitute the word "gay" with "black" and watch the fireworks really go off in the African-American community.

Tim Hardaway can say whatever he likes. So can I. So can anyone. That's one of the virtues of living in a (still) free society. However, whether what we say is intelligent or wise is another matter entirely.

What I find sad about the whole thing is that a man like Tim Hardaway was, 60 to 70 years ago, basically in the same position as today's gays and lesbians are. Back then, black people were being strung up, burned alive, having crosses put on their lawns, denied jobs, denied the ability to marry people of other races all because — SHOCK OF ALL SHOCK — they were black. Many so-called Christians looked on and nothing as the KKK, et al., worked their campaign of terror.

Today, the tables have been turned. African-Americans, while still facing subtle racism from time to time from certain uninformed quarters, have come along way. And yet those who were once openly oppressed and condemned simply because of the color of their skin ... some of them have no problem doing *the same thing* to gays and lesbians today.

Talk about an *aggravating* all-too-human condition. Unless we can overcome it, I foresee nothing but history repeating itself in and endless, hellish loop.

Gatekeeper
                            "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

What I find sad about the whole thing is that a man like Tim Hardaway was, 60 to 70 years ago, basically in the same position as today's gays and lesbians are. Back then, black people were being strung up, burned alive, having crosses put on their lawns, denied jobs, denied the ability to marry people of other races all because — SHOCK OF ALL SHOCK — they were black. Many so-called Christians looked on and nothing as the KKK, et al., worked their campaign of terror.

Today, the tables have been turned. African-Americans, while still facing subtle racism from time to time from certain uninformed quarters, have come along way. And yet those who were once openly oppressed and condemned simply because of the color of their skin ... some of them have no problem doing *the same thing* to gays and lesbians today.
                              the difference is that you can't see from a person if he's a homosexual or not just by looking at him. people can keep their sexual preferences and quirks to themselves.

I really doubt that guy is planning to start putting crosses on gay people's lawn or denying jobs from them... i think he just finds the idea of not normal sexual intercourse perverted and disgusting. a lot of people seem to think that way. why he said it in public and why it's being reported as BREAKING NEWS is beyond me.

Comment

I dont think gay people are an ethnic group like african-americans, kurds, jews etc.
                                Gays are people from many different ethnic groups (well, from all ethnic groups) who feel attarcted to people of the same sex.
                                Gays are as much of an ethnic group as stamp collectors.
                                I need a foot massage

Comment

Working...
                                X