X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by notyoueither
    Which is it?
    Those do not contradict.

I'm saying there is no formal rule against this behaviour, and it does not matter if there was one anyway. Somebody along the way needs to introduce the concept of a conditional statement (hint: notice the two letters 'i' and 'f' that combine to make the word 'if').

Excuse me?

The "Rules" Yahoo posts are for Yahoo Public Leagues, they are not for custom leagues, which are set by the commish.

Your feeelings have been heard.

The fact that it is a year and some weeks under the same rules, and now you complain, is noted.
    I've never seen it exploited until now. That doesn't make it less valid.

I understand you wish to defend your actions, but that's fine. I gain nothing out of this -- I don't plan to stoop to such behaviour (to be honest, I find it pathetic and lame), and my week with you is pretty much overwith.

I'm more concerned about the fairness of such exploitation of a system at the expense of people who have more of a life than you and are not on 24/7 to constantly add/drop players for single games. Some of us go out, and don't have that luxury, and that should not give you benefits...

It needs to be said.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I might note, the same rules you set up yourself last year.
      I never set up a rule in favor or against this practice.

What you're doing is exploiting the behaviour of the system. What I'm proposing is closing such an exploit to increase fairness.

What you're doing is trying to make an argument that since this practice isn't expressly forbidden in the original rules there's nothing wrong with it. While an admirable argument from a history major, it's ridiculously shallow.

The problem is it isn't fair for a number of reasons:
      1) It locks a lot of players up on waivers, repeatedly
      2) It's unfair to those people with lives outside of teh intarwebs
      3) It removes the concept of building a team in favor of randomly picking players who are available every day...
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Yada, yada, yada.

Why didn't you say anything when this topic was brought up for discussion previously?
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• I don't expect any more from you.

I don't see anyone else here supporting that kind of action you're pulling. Most people so far seem to be against it.

Can we reach some kind of gentleman's agreement not to exploit the system? For somebody so obsessed with supposed "fairness" last season, you've had a sudden change of heart.

I had a way worse draft than you do right now, last season. I got up there in rank not by constantly rotating players daily, but identifying hot players and holding on to them as they progress. That's kind of the point of these leagues, it's not to constantly rotate players because you lack the foresight to identify sleeper picks or draft well in the first place.

[q]
          Why didn't you say anything when this topic was brought up for discussion previously? [/QUOTE]
          When was this brought up? As far as I can remember this has never been discussed.

If you guys discussed it last season after I left the league, the answer should be pretty obvious why I wasn't involved in a discussion previously.

Feel free to quote parts of the discussion I was around for if we had one before, because I'm calling you out on BS as usual.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher

I never set up a rule in favor or against this practice.

What you're doing is exploiting the behaviour of the system. What I'm proposing is closing such an exploit to increase fairness.
            Hello, Mr. Nonis.

Is Mr Clark a big, bad meanie to you?
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I don't expect any more from you.

I don't see anyone else here supporting that kind of action you're pulling. Most people so far seem to be against it.
              Then you're blind.

Can we reach some kind of gentleman's agreement not to exploit the system? For somebody so obsessed with supposed "fairness" last season, you've had a sudden change of heart.
              To please you? No.

I had a way worse draft than you do right now, last season. I got up there in rank not by constantly rotating players daily, but identifying hot players and holding on to them as they progress. That's kind of the point of these leagues, it's not to constantly rotate players because you lack the foresight to identify sleeper picks or draft well in the first place.
              Do as you please. And stop *****ing about other approaches.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)

Comment

Hello, Mr. Nonis.

Is Mr Clark a big, bad meanie to you?
                This is incredible.

Last season you have a HUGE problem in the name of "fairness" of a simple 1:1 trade I proposed. Which was completely legal in every single aspect, nor could it be argued in any way that it was abusing a system.

And here we are with you abusing the add/drop/waiver system to get excessive amounts of skater/goalie games, and you defend it by saying GMs can do this in the real world?

Your true colours are showing, nye. The whole reason you put up a fuss last season about my trade is you knew that it helped my weakest assets (goals/assists) at a time when I was rapidly gaining on you. The whole reason you defend your actions now is it benefits you again by helping make up for your awful draft with excessive skater/goalie games.

That, my friends, is sad behaviour...You've no concept of fairness, you're here to manipulate your way to the top.

----

Can we have a formal poll, Kontiki?

Let's start it.

People in favor of banning add/drop daily player rotating for the purpose of gaining more skater and goalie games per week (1): Asher

People in favor of permitting add/drop daily player rotating for the purpose of gaining more skater and goalie games per week (1): notyoueither

Comment

• This is fair. Any manager can do the same as I, and others, have done.

What is your big problem, other than I did it in a head to head vs you?

Sad? yes, the word sad comes to mind when you have never commented about this before despite it explicitly being brought up for discussion.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)

Comment

Your true colours are showing, nye. The whole reason you put up a fuss last season about my trade is you knew that it helped my weakest assets (goals/assists) at a time when I was rapidly gaining on you. The whole reason you defend your actions now is it benefits you again by helping make up for your awful draft with excessive skater/goalie games.
                    Incidently, you don't know **** about my motivations, so don't make a fool of yourself, child.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)

Comment

This is fair. Any manager can do the same as I, and others, have done.
                      But they can't! Not everybody is divorced and sits alone infront of the computer 7 days a week and has the luxury of constantly adding/dropping players several times a day. That's the whole point!

What is your big problem, other than I did it in a head to head vs you?
                      It has nothing to do with that. If you stopped doing it now it has no effect on me whatsoever. I've never noticed it before, or you've never done it to this extent before. That's the reason.

Sad? yes, the word sad comes to mind when you have never commented about this before despite it explicitly being brought up for discussion.
                      I've asked you before -- show me when this was brought up as discussion when I was active in this league. It wasn't -- period.

Comment

Can we have a formal poll, Kontiki?

Let's start it.

People in favor of banning add/drop daily player rotating for the purpose of gaining more skater and goalie games per week (1): Asher

People in favor of permitting add/drop daily player rotating for the purpose of gaining more skater and goalie games per week (1): notyoueither
                        People not in favour of changing rules mid season by popular vote?

Those for changing rules mid season due to some dumb asses not realising what rules they themselves set last year?
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)

Comment

But they can't! Not everybody is divorced and sits alone infront of the computer 7 days a week and has the luxury of constantly adding/dropping players several times a day. That's the whole point!
                          Hello, Ming.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)

Comment

• Oy vey
                            Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

People not in favour of changing rules mid season by popular vote?

Those for changing rules mid season due to some dumb asses not realising what rules they themselves set last year?
                              This is an exploit of a system. This was not expressly permitted nor banned by any rule.

This doesn't change a single rule. It's stopping the exploitation of a system at the expense of people who can't be micromanaging their pool 5 times a day like you can.

I am asking for a simple gentleman's agreement to level the playing field a bit more. What you're doing requires excessive amounts of micromanaging that is a huge time commitment that many people are not able to put in, giving you an unfair advantage.

I'm done for the night...

Fantasy players, please vote in the poll:

Comment

Hello, Ming.
                                I recognize I'll likely get banned for it, but you know it's true, nye. And that's why it's so sad.

I get *****ed at already by the SO for how much time I'm spending on this league, and if I spent as much time as you do on it I'd have major problems to deal with. You're willing to dedicate massive amounts of time to it, but not everyone else is able to. Please recognize that and level the playing field.

Comment

Working...
                                X