This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hot Mustard
    I'm somewhat amused by NYE becoming the constant rotator, because I seem to recall him complaining about the same thing last year, when I rotated my way into the playoffs, and then 1st place in the playoffs.
    Horse hockey!

I didn't complain about it. In fact I did it a bit myself. I commented on it. Nobody else picked up on it so...

I do find it curious that a certain person is complaining about it now that he is in a game week where it is being used. I don't recall any previous complaints...
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• I don't recall it ever happening before while I was active in the league, especially not 5 times in a row...

I also don't pay much attention to other people's transactions usually. I did notice that you've had tons of different players playing this week, and lo and behold you've been whoring players.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• I have picked up a player for one game and dropped him again and haven't thought anything of it. I thought this was fully within the rules (Gentrleman agreement or otherwise). If I am doing something which is contrary to the league I will stop as I don't want to have to cheat to beat you guys (I seem to be doing quite well without cheating ).

To be honest I don't really understand the waiver period.....If I want to pick up a player and he is still in the waiver period, what does this mean for me? I can't pick them up as I am "#8" in the waiver order? Or I have to wait for #'s 1-7 to pass on them first?

Without really understanding what the problem is I feel incapable of offering an opinion either way as to a solution.

/me
        "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• When someone drops a player, they go onto waivers for two days. During those two days, they can't be active on anyone's roster. The waiver order is the rank of who has "dibs" on a player on waivers. So, let's say nye dropped a player and you, Sparrow, wanted him but your waiver rank was 3 while mine was 2. If you tried to pick him up, I could claim him over you any time during that two day period. If Asher was number 1, he could scoop both of us. However, if noone else makes a play for that player, he's all yours.

The intial waiver ranking is the reverse of the draft order. Every time you pick up a player from waivers, regardless of whether anyone else wants them, you move to the back of the list and everyone else moves up one spot.

Edit: Picking up players designated as free agents has no effect on your waiver ranking.
          "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
          "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
          "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
            Horse hockey!

I didn't complain about it. In fact I did it a bit myself. I commented on it. Nobody else picked up on it so...
            I remember your comment differently, I suppose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
              I have picked up a player for one game and dropped him again and haven't thought anything of it. I thought this was fully within the rules (Gentrleman agreement or otherwise). If I am doing something which is contrary to the league I will stop as I don't want to have to cheat to beat you guys (I seem to be doing quite well without cheating ).
              It's certainly not cheating or against the rules right now. I think it's probably okay to do it once in a while (particularly if you're plagued with IR problems).

But to do it daily is pushing it I think.

To be honest I don't really understand the waiver period.....If I want to pick up a player and he is still in the waiver period, what does this mean for me? I can't pick them up as I am "#8" in the waiver order? Or I have to wait for #'s 1-7 to pass on them first?
              When you dump a player, they're on waivers for 2 days. The waiver order means if two people add him when he's on waivers, the one at the highest waiver order number gets him (and drops to last place on the waiver order for next time).
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• I don't like rotating rosters, but I like changing the rules mid-game even less. On balance I'd vote to leave it and hope that people won't play with their rosters just to be jackasses.
                ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• I don't see it as changing rules, I see it as establishing an agreement conducive to fair play.

There was no rule permitting this before, nor against it. It's behaviour that came apartment after the season started, so it can be addressed as such.

If the majority agree it's not a nice practice (and gives a huge edge to people who are always online), then we should ban it.

Comment

• It was discussed last year.

This is nothing new, and the rules of Yahoo allow it. In fact they have settings for exactly this topic. Nobody asked for maximum moves to be set to any number other than unlimited.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncha
                      I don't like rotating rosters, but I like changing the rules mid-game even less. On balance I'd vote to leave it and hope that people won't play with their rosters just to be jackasses.
                      When you have a starting goaltender get injured, and when you have 3 or 4 of your top drafts not producing, you may not be 'just being a jackass'. You may be trying to compete.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)

Comment

• I'm not suggesting that you are anyone else was making roster moves in order to be a jackass. I was just saying that I hoped nobody would.
                        ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• While most of the week Leclaire's been shoddy, he got a shutout tonight!
                          Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
                            It was discussed last year.

This is nothing new, and the rules of Yahoo allow it. In fact they have settings for exactly this topic. Nobody asked for maximum moves to be set to any number other than unlimited.
                            It doesn't matter if the rules of Yahoo allow it. The rules of custom leagues are as set by the commish.

I am strongly opposed to this kind of behaviour for reasons already stated. In summary, I find it lame and cheap, and would like to see none of it in this league.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
                              There was no rule permitting this before, nor against it.
                              Originally posted by Asher

It doesn't matter if the rules of Yahoo allow it.
                              Which is it?

The rules of custom leagues are as set by the commish.
                              Excuse me?

I am strongly opposed to this kind of behaviour for reasons already stated. In summary, I find it lame and cheap, and would like to see none of it in this league.
                              Your feeelings have been heard.

The fact that it is a year and some weeks under the same rules, and now you complain, is noted.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)

Comment

• I might note, the same rules you set up yourself last year.
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                                X