This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
    How about the Laraque versus McCarty tussle?

Not much of a fight, Laraque handled him pretty easily. Makes me miss George from Edmonton

* Sparrowhawk
    I was at the dome and McCarty wasn't ever in the fight and it ws over before it really started. This in a lot of ways mirrored the role of Phoenix in the game .. .

Wow they do not look good at all.

For Calgary a needed win and confidence boost for a number of players. next up is nashville and my recollection is that they OWNED the Flames last year
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Oh and Ottawa-Toronto was interesting-- I see they have a rematch coming up--
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Hey nye, Morrison went on waivers today.

Do you still recommend him?
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Brendan Morrison?
          Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

• Mike Morrison.

The spectacular goalie that Phoenix got this year, after Edmonton and Ottawa thought Morrison was too good for them.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• How badly is Gretzky tarnishing his reputation with his continued involvement with Phoenix? I think he would have been much better off remaining a quiet owner.
              "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
              "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
              "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• I'm wondering how soon Gretzky will step down, and Hitchcock will get appointed.

Then I'm wondering how long it'll take for PHX to give up a first round pick and others for Biron.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
                  Mike Morrison.

The spectacular goalie that Phoenix got this year, after Edmonton and Ottawa thought Morrison was too good for them.
                  This guy

Season Team GP MIN W L T GA SA SO GA Avg SV %
                  2006-2007 Coyotes 4 127 0 3 0 13 62 0 6.14 .790
                  2005-2006 Senators 4 207 1 0 0 12 96 0 3.48 .875
                  2005-2006 Oilers 21 891 10 4 0 42 361 0 2.83 .884

NHL Totals: 29 1,225 11 7 0 67 519 0 3.28 .871

He started last night against the Flames and lasted through 3 goals on 9 shots. None of the goals were particularly his fault but he didn't stop much of anything that was a tough chance either. I know he's only seen 127 minutes but a .790 save percentage -- Thats a big ouch

Comment

I'm wondering how soon Gretzky will step down, and Hitchcock will get appointed.
                    I actually never understood his desire to coach. His legacy was as the best player ever. That does not necessarily mean he has the skills to be a coach

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber

I actually never understood his desire to coach. His legacy was as the best player ever. That does not necessarily mean he has the skills to be a coach
                      Maurice Richard tried coaching.

But really, he was nothing but a figure head to put asses in the seats in Quebec. Soon as he figured this part out, he told the team where they could go and stepped down.
                      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

• I always figured that those are really good at something suck at trying to show others how to do it. Only those that worked at the game have a talent for showing others how to play it. I think that's part of what makes Craig MacTavish a good coach (and the Oilers blocking pucks would be definitely influenced by him).

It is said (in Dave Semenko's book which I actually enjoyed ) something about Gretzky not liking to play the Islanders because their sock colours were so close to Edmonton's that he had difficulty distinguishing them on a quick glance. Not sure most players would even notice, but Semenko figured that was an example of the level of his game that he could get enough information in a split second glance to make a play.

Anyway my point is that I have doubts that Gretzky would have much luck teaching those skills to others as he was so naturally talented that I am not sure he would be on the same wavelength as an average player (read: the entire Phoenix lineup ).

/me
                        "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• There's a problem with the league.

I have 14 players, 1 of them on the IR list.

It won't let me add a player to come up to 14 active.

Edit: Well, now it worked after about the 10th time I put Kabi on IR.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Hey nye, Morrison went on waivers today.

Do you still recommend him?
                            Do you still want Cujo as a starter?
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• I never recommended Cujo as a starter to newbies in the pool, you see. And he did awesome for the first, oh, 25% of the season last year.

Comment

• And I didn't recommend Morrison as a replacement for Kipper. Someone needed goalie starts to hit the minimum and I recommended a goalie who was available and was supposed to be getting a lot of starts on a decent team. Same way I recommended Lundqvist to KH when he was looking for a goalie.
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                                X