Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You got off to a strong start, but the season is very very young and you're barely in the lead.

I'm just finding my feet...
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Kontiki
      I PMed Pekka again about his team. He left alot of points on the table, and should have taken a couple of more categories this last week. If he doesn't start setting his roster, I'm going to jump in and make sure his players actually play.
      Are you going to do the same for everyone?
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Only if someone completely abandons their team. It's one thing to make a judgement call and keep someone on the bench and miss out on some points, it's another to not make a single roster move since the season began, to the point where sometimes you have just as many if not more people on the bench than you do playing.
        "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
        "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
        "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Poor, poor Chicago Blackhawks fans.

Havlat is out. Then Khabibulin gets a broken finger.

And now Handzus is out for the entire season!

Just when it looked like things might be turning around...
          "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
          "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
          "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
            Yet another 1 goal loss. Playfair's gone by December.
            You are aware that flames statistically are pretty much EXACTLY where they were at this time this year.... In fact I think Kipper may be slightly better this year so far.

So I'm not saying you might not be right if this continues into December BUT there is precedent to think they can trun things around.

But I will say that THREE one goal losses really bite
            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Oh and what the heck happened with Colorado-Montreal. Did all the goalies leave after the first period?
              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Oct 23 4:41pm Rene Bourque (Chi - LW) Add Free Agents Flaming Flamers
                Oct 23 4:41pm Derek Roy (Buf - C) Drop Flaming Flamers Waivers
                Oct 23 4:39pm Derek Roy (Buf - C) Add Free Agents Flaming Flamers
                Oct 23 4:37pm Mike Dunham (NYI - G) Drop Flaming Flamers Waivers
                Oct 23 4:35pm Christopher Higgins (Mon - C) Add Free Agents Flaming Flamers
                Oct 23 4:35pm Kyle Wellwood (Tor - C) Drop Flaming Flamers Waivers
                Oct 23 4:34pm Mike Dunham (NYI - G) Add Free Agents Flaming Flamers
                Oct 23 4:34pm Petr Cajanek (StL - C,LW) Drop Flaming Flamers Waivers
                Oct 23 4:32pm Petr Cajanek (StL - C,LW) Add Free Agents Flaming Flamers
                Oct 23 4:32pm Jon Sim (Atl - LW,RW) Drop Flaming Flamers Waivers
                Now, I'm going to assume that Asher just couldn't make up his mind today, but here's a reminder to anyone who gets any funny ideas about this type of activity:

Fair Play and Sportsmanship Rules
                Even though fantasy games are meant to be a competitive experience for all involved, it is important to us that our users not lose sight of the rules of fair play and good sportsmanship.

To this end, each Public League fantasy team owner (Custom Leagues are controlled solely by the League Commissioner) agrees that, by joining the game, they will abide by the following regulations:

1. All league-related transactions will be executed with the intent of improving the owner's team and its standing within the league.
                2. No owner may drop or "dump" players from their team for any reason other than improving their own team or its standing within the league.
                3. No owner will engage in any action that might be deemed to be collusive (two or more owners agreeing to make moves that benefit one team, but not the other).
                4. No owner will make any roster moves (including waiver claims, trade proposals, etc.) whose sole purpose is to hamper the play of other owners.
                5. No owner will take any action whose purpose is to, in any way, interfere with fair play in a league.
                Yahoo has addressed one of the issues by not putting a player picked up and dropped on the same day on waivers, but there are other shenanigans that can be pulled.

Comment

hmm

I'm not in this league but how exactly could a "trade proposal" hamper the play of other owners?

As for the activity, it looks like Asher dropped 2 players and added two in the end result . The others were held for mere minutes. I would hope that your league is such that no rights attach from having held a player for 2 minutes. Otherwise everyone could do quickie drop/adds.

Comment

Yay I'm going to see the Flames tomorrow . Its only Phoenix but I'm being treated to the tickets. This is an early gut check game for the Flames. If they are really much better than than they have shown, they have to beat a team that is really struggling

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
                      You got off to a strong start, but the season is very very young and you're barely in the lead.

I'm just finding my feet...
                      Of course, but did you expect me to wait until I fall out of first (and I realize it is inevitable for that to happen) before I start to brag about my obviously superior hockey knowledge?

Okay, actually I just figured that part of a hockey pool/draft whatever is bragging about how well you are doing when you are doing well and making fun of every one else and when you are not doing so well talking about how the person who is doing well how lucky they have been.

The fact that you are a Flaming Flamer just makes it that much more fun for me

/me
                      "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Originally posted by Hot Mustard
                        Now, I'm going to assume that Asher just couldn't make up his mind today, but here's a reminder to anyone who gets any funny ideas about this type of activity:

Fair Play and Sportsmanship Rules

Yahoo has addressed one of the issues by not putting a player picked up and dropped on the same day on waivers, but there are other shenanigans that can be pulled.
                        There's nothing wrong with playing with your schedules by adding/removing players, it does not put the players on waivers.

If they're added/dropped within a day they're not affected.

I'm kind of pissed off that we're starting down this slippery slope of people whining about legit moves for no real reason. Watch it, back off, and take any (real) complaints to the commish without a fireworks finger-pointing scene in the main thread.

This is a very touchy subject for me -- if people are going to get on my case for playing the game well within the rules of fairness, I'm going to get wicked pissed really quickly.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• On an unrelated note, did anyone else who bought the StatTracker get shafted? They charged my creditcard for it weeks ago, but today it tells me my "Free demo" is over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber
                            As for the activity, it looks like Asher dropped 2 players and added two in the end result . The others were held for mere minutes. I would hope that your league is such that no rights attach from having held a player for 2 minutes. Otherwise everyone could do quickie drop/adds.
                            I was trying to see which players would fit in my schedule properly. Yahoo does not "claim" ownership of a player until you've had them a full day (which also means you can't play them til the next day). Why they log each transaction even if it's undone 2 minutes later is beyond me, and it leads to people jumping up and down and screaming nonsense and calling people cheaters, etc. This happened last season and it's pathetic its starting again.

hmm

I'm not in this league but how exactly could a "trade proposal" hamper the play of other owners?
                            This is the same clause people whined about last year. I made a Huet <-> Kariya trade proposal and suddenly I was cheating. Their reasoning was as follows:
                            1) They clearly know oh so much more about hockey than everyone else that they can "protect" one or more parties by saying this is a lopsided trade, and thus hamper the league
                            2) Perhaps Asher and MrBoo were conspiring to stack Asher's team

In any case, it was all a bunch of hot air. The Kariya <-> Huet trade wasn't as lopsided as a bunch of people here told everyone it was. They just didn't follow hockey well enough to recognize the value a hot goalie has in a pool where half the stats came from goalies.

Comment

• By the way, for you anal rule-quoters, this is the only part of that rulebook that is relevant:

To this end, each Public League fantasy team owner (Custom Leagues are controlled solely by the League Commissioner)

Comprenede? Thanks.

Comment

• I trust you asher
                                Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Working...
                                X