Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In England I think that tackle would have been a yellow card but in the rest of the world a red, especially because of the straight legs.
    It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

• There is no comparison between that late tackle and the elbow to the face the Italian guy did. If the elbow is a red, then the tackle is definitely yellow. That was really tame by comparison.
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Sorry guys, but that was a red card if I ever saw one. Straight legs from behind
        Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
        And notifying the next of kin
        Once again...

Comment

• Plenty of tackles so far in this WC like that which just got a yellow.

Though, even though the ref sucked ass, Mastro shouldn't have taken the risk, especially at the time.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Echoing that the red card on Mastroeni was a completely bogus, bull**** call. This better not cost the U.S. the game or I am gonna be one pissed American.
            CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
            Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
            Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
            Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• Originally posted by SpencerH
              And the story of this world cup (no surprise) "Bad refereeing stalks group play".
              Actually, I think they have been better than usual. A few bad apples of course, but still.

Comment

• OzzyKP, actually the tackle was a much more dangerous offense that could have crippled the player. Nobody has their career destroyed over a broken nose.
                It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

• Originally posted by Footie Mad
                  In England I think that tackle would have been a yellow card but in the rest of the world a red, especially because of the straight legs.
                  Has that play been called a yellow or red in all of the WC matches so far?
                  I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• I don't know enough to say for sure, but to a neophyte, that was a pretty weak red card.

ACK!
                    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Mastroeni's action was deep, deep red. It's not always given but it should be. It's a horrible foul, worst case scenario the victim can never play football again. I hope Mastroeni gets banned for a few matches (the same goes for De Rossi, he made a less dangerous foul but that sort of behaviour has no place on the pitch).

Let's hope the US can keep it up 10 vs 10 though, good match to watch so far
                      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• Originally posted by DanS

Has that play been called a yellow or red in all of the WC matches so far?
                        I don't think I have seen any tackles that were quite so bad in the other games. Could you mention a few? You have to take into consideration how dangerous the tackle is and that was a potentially bone shattering one if the italian had got stuck with his feet somehow.

Comment

• I have to say that the Mastroeni call was close. When I first saw it I thought "yellow card" but from some angles it looked very very late (so a borderline red IMO). Given that the ref looked to be loosing control its no wonder he gave a red.
                          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                          If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                          Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

• Ok, 2nd half about to start... see you in 45.
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I watched the play again, and the tackle wasn't from behind.
                              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Yup.

Go USA!
                                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                                X