Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would mean that in the first week alone, 10 sets of fans would have to travel, stay and leave each of the three cities with the stadia.

A bit impratical...

Comment

...and dangerous
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by DanS

Did you see Argentina's match against the Ivory Coast? Of all the first games, I thought Argentina's play was the best, even if it ended up 2-1 (props to the Ivory Coast).
        Yes I saw it while listening to the parrots constant cries of Crespo! Crespo!

They looked good in both games and there's no doubt that Argentina are a good side and a threat to win the cup. But how often is that not true.

Its the hysterics over a single one-sided game that are annoying. Anyone remember the 6-0 rout of Sweden by Denmark? England beat Germany 5-1 in Germany. These kinda lopsided games happen occasionally but they mean very little.

I'd like to know how many of the pundits/fans who think Argentina is SO strong have bet their money on them.
        Last edited by SpencerH; June 17, 2006, 10:26.
        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Btw, when England went to a 3-5-2 against T&T, moving Lennon to the outside and Beckham more to the center, they really looked good. Now, I don't know if Sven will actually try that at the beginning of a match, but it is an interesting though. Lennon really gave the team a great spark and gave Beckham more space and time to make crosses, like the one that broke the game open.
          They sure did. Lennon gave em speed to the outside and he was willing to run at the goal (something Owen used to do but no more). I've never seen Rooney play so I dont know how he plays. If it were up to me I would definitely start the game against Sweden with the squad that finished the last match.
          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI

Comment

Rooney was a yard off the pace (as you'd expect) on Thursday. Hopefully he can get 60mins or more in against the Swedes and show his real form in the last 16.

Comment

But what sort of attacker is he?

Comment

Fast and direct but with a good eye for trying the unexpected. He's got a excellent first touch and has some good tricks without falling into the "show pony" trap.

Comment

I'm really looking forward to the Sweden match.

Comment

He also has very good work ethics and is a good team player.
                    Rooney's good.
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• Originally posted by SpencerH
                      But what sort of attacker is he?
                      He's more of an attacking midfielder like Ronaldinho than a forward.

Comment

• I see that ITV in Yookay are calling the Ivory Coast the Cote d'Ivoire now, so yesterday I laughed when I saw that NED was playing CIV.

Comment

• Originally posted by duke o' york
                          I see that ITV in Yookay are calling the Ivory Coast the Cote d'Ivoire now, so yesterday I laughed when I saw that NED was playing CIV.
                          At Deity level no less...
                          Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                          And notifying the next of kin
                          Once again...

Comment

• Some very 'interesting' refereeing in the Ghana game.

Comment

• I love the comments by the parrots on the Ghana Czech game. In their opinion, its not that Ghana are a good team, who're playing at their level and leading in the game, it's that the Czech's are not playing well. The conclusion being that if the Czechs had played this way against the USA then the USA would've won. In fact the USA team sucked against the Czechs and Ghana may simply be a better team than the USA.

Comment

• GHANA!!

It'd be great for the US if the Czech's lost... though it may not mean anything if we don't get a point against Italy.

Oh, and Rooney is good... REAL good. Just brilliant in an withdrawn forward role with the ability to run onto the ball, blow past the defense, and make an amazing move to put it in the net. A healthy Rooney is the best active British player, IMO.
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X