X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tuberski

I don't get it then.

The Chech's are +1 in difference.

The USA is -3, 2 goals would make the US -1.

They would still not advance, correct?

ACK!
    Sorry, messed up the Czech goal difference, had it down as -1. You need a 4-goals difference against Ghana then, and score three times more than the Czechs. Or a 5 goals difference, then it doesn't matter how often the Czechs score.

Just do us all a favour and lose, nobody likes this higher math stuff
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• No, then it goes on goal difference.

Comment

• Lets just try to beat the Ghanians here . It won't be that easy. Though I am proud of the US team here, without Pope and Mastreoni, it'll be tough though. Especially Mastro (Pope wasn't playing that great anyway). Unless we want to put Reyna as the defensive MF, because I don't think O'Brien can go the full 90.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• On equal points.

1) results beween the teams
          2) goal difference from games between the teams
          3) goals scores in games between the teams
          4) goal difference in all group games
          5) goals scored in all group games
          6) drawing of lots

bare in mind some of these criteria can only apply when more than 2 teams are tied.

Comment

• The important thing is, all four teams in that group are in with a realistic chance to advance. That means it will be full effort and excitement, compared to Poland - Costa Rica in the finishing group stage for example...
            It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

• Ok, Italian fans are officially asking De Rossi to pack his stuff and leave the national team for the next 4 years. Anyway, someone please tell the Americans that the game is called soccer, not kickboxing. The result was that everyone in the US team was dead after one hour.

Ghana's victory was a huge upset, the point now is no longer qualifiying or not for the next stage (if we aren't able to get, at least, a draw against Czech Rep. then we don't deserve to advance to the next round), but who's gonna meet Brazil.
              I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                Lets just try to beat the Ghanians here . It won't be that easy. Though I am proud of the US team here, without Pope and Mastreoni, it'll be tough though. Especially Mastro (Pope wasn't playing that great anyway). Unless we want to put Reyna as the defensive MF, because I don't think O'Brien can go the full 90.
                But also remember that both the goalscorers for Ghana in todays match are banned from the third game. So both Muntari and Asamoah Gyan are gone, not as bad as if Appiah or Essien was missing but still.
                It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

• Originally posted by reds4ever
                  On equal points.

1) results beween the teams
                  2) goal difference from games between the teams
                  3) goals scores in games between the teams
                  4) goal difference in all group games
                  5) goals scored in all group games
                  6) drawing of lots

bare in mind some of these criteria can only apply when more than 2 teams are tied.
                  Not this tourny. Rules are here (page 40/41):

The ranking of each team in each group will be determined as
                  follows:
                  a) greatest number of points obtained in all group matches;
                  b) goal difference in all group matches;
                  c) greatest number of goals scored in all group matches.

If two or more teams are equal on the basis of the above three criteria, their rankings will be determined as follows:

d) greatest number of points obtained in the group matches between the teams concerned;
                  e) goal difference resulting from the group matches between the teams concerned;
                  f) greater number of goals scored in all group matches between the teams concerned;
                  g) drawing of lots by the Organising Committee for the FIFA World Cup™.
                  Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• You'd be surprised how entertaining games are when teams are playing for pride.
                    This doesn't usually happen in the national leagues, as the teams are stuck mid-table, but they will usually try extra hard to end their season with a win in their last home game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Footie Mad

But also remember that both the goalscorers for Ghana in todays match are banned from the third game. So both Muntari and Asamoah Gyan are gone, not as bad as if Appiah or Essien was missing but still.
                      Ah, I didn't know that. Good news.

Then again, the US' only goal scorer was an Italian!
                      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by Footie Mad
                        True, but no one on the US has scored a goal yet in this go around .

It also makes me happy that the Czech's starting strikers and one central defender are out against Italy as well.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Locutus - that's what I said, although the d, e and f are a pretty complex and ridiculous way of saying the head-to-head result decides it.
                          Damned FIFA lawyers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Locutus

Not this tourny. Rules are here (page 40/41):
                            I just missed the top one out, otherwise the lists are the same. Trying to type and watch Big Brother at the same time....

Comment

• Originally posted by duke o' york
                              Locutus - that's what I said, although the d, e and f are a pretty complex and ridiculous way of saying the head-to-head result decides it.
                              Damned FIFA lawyers.
                              I think its fairer.....esp in small group tournaments. Otherwise it can be decided on whether you beat the minnows of the group 5-0 or 7-0.

Comment

• Originally posted by Datajack Franit
                                Ok, Italian fans are officially asking De Rossi to pack his stuff and leave the national team for the next 4 years. Anyway, someone please tell the Americans that the game is called soccer, not kickboxing. The result was that everyone in the US team was dead after one hour.

Ghana's victory was a huge upset, the point now is no longer qualifiying or not for the next stage (if we aren't able to get, at least, a draw against Czech Rep. then we don't deserve to advance to the next round), but who's gonna meet Brazil.
                                Go USA! Go Italy! Go Australia!
                                Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                                Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                                One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Working...
                                X