Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But South Korea vont pwner la France et la Suisse!

Ahn will be be taken off his game by Senderos.
    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

The English team was awful. It's offensive side is uninspired and it's difficult for them to beat even some of the weakest sides in the WC. It's defense hasn't really been tested yet. If they choose to match with Ecuador, we'll all have a great laugh.

To me, the Swedes, although they play pretty much the same way, are more convincing. My bet is on them next match, if they don't start Ibrahimovic (he's awful).

If you want to see some real ball, lookout for the next Cote d' Ivoire match.
      "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
      George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Stuie
        Nice - I found streaming audio commentary so I can listen to the games at work.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006260665,00.html
        Hallelujah, now I can turn off the american parrots.
        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

England qualify with a game to spare, conceding no goals despite poor performances and the media go crazy...

imagine what they'd do if we hadn't won the games.
          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
          We've got both kinds

Comment

Aaaargh! I just realized that if I listen to the webcast I cant have a digital picture at the same time or record the game (unless I rewire my home theatre sound).
            We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI

Comment

I'm not so quick to classify it as a 'poor performance' myself. Sure the finishing was off but there was a lot of good play. None of the 'talking heads' seem to have the experience to realize how difficult it has been at the WC to score against a defensive team that's playing 10 men back which is how both Paraguay and T&T played.

The objective of the group round has always been not to loose and to win one game against the weaker teams by a big margin. Lest we forget, by virtue of their tie with Sweden, T&T still have a chance to go through.

I think the England-Sweden game will be a very good show for both teams with England finally thrashing them.
              Last edited by SpencerH; June 16, 2006, 07:46.

Comment

Originally posted by axi
                The English team was awful. It's offensive side is uninspired and it's difficult for them to beat even some of the weakest sides in the WC. It's defense hasn't really been tested yet. If they choose to match with Ecuador, we'll all have a great laugh.

To me, the Swedes, although they play pretty much the same way, are more convincing. My bet is on them next match, if they don't start Ibrahimovic (he's awful).
                You say this, yet the Swedes failed to score at all against T & T. You also describe Paraguay as one of the weakest sides, yet they beat & drew with Argentina & Brazil on the way to the tournament.

The English newspapers agree with you to a man, by the way, but few people are giving T & T players and manager credit for doing a damn good job of getting everyone behind the ball and making it difficult to break them down.

When a lower league team does this in cup games against a top league side no-one is surprised. It happens, often, that any league's best players can struggle against well-drilled, hard-working players from a division below them. When it happens in a World Cup, though, people just get hysterical about it like it's never happened before.

It's better to play poorly and win than to play well and lose. Ask Portugal. England have struggled and lost before against lower-league sides, like N. Ireland, and have bounced back to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with the likes of Argentina. Anyone who knows England realises that they tend to either play up or down to the level of their opponents, so although it looks like Ecuador or Germany could have England for breakfast, don't put too much money on such a result.

Also, those T & T blokes know the English game and players much better than most sides in the tournament, and they had big guys marking crouch.

When the Czechs bang the ball up to Koller it's cool, but if England bang the ball up to Crouch, it's a crime. The difference is that the Czechs were moving it along the ground as well, but the USA didn't try to clog the game, and gave the Czechs space to play pretty as well as use their long ball option.

Comment

All that said, it was England's finishing which let them down. Lumpard, Crutch, and nOwin all missed sitters. If they'd have gone in, England might have had five, as I think Siron predicted.

Comment

When the Czechs bang the ball up to Koller it's cool, but if England bang the ball up to Crouch

Koller is alot better than Crouch though. Had it not been for the goal, he would have added nothing to the team. I personally would have taken him out, instead of Owen.
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

GOOOOOOOL!!!
                      The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

Very nice goal it was too.
                        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                        We've got both kinds

Comment

Another One!!!
                          The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Comment

And another one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Stop spamming!!!

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Argentina are awesome. They could get a cricket score, here - I'm glad I 've got them down as champions.

Comment

Working...
                                X