Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When is it ok to hate someone for their politics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is it ok to hate someone for their politics?

When their politics advocate murder?

When they disagree with your politics?

When their politicians take your hard earned money?

When their politicians support forced labor?

When their politics advocate taking your property and distributing it to 'the people'?

When is it ok to hate for political reasons? How about dislike?
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Is this another Bush thread?
    "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
    2004 Presidential Candidate
    2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Simple: when their politics are motivated by hate.

This is why it's never okay to hate liberals; we ourselves don't hate -- because we don't have the balls to.
      "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

or when their politics motivate haters
        Monkey!!!

Comment

I say it's completely okay to hate someone for their politics, if you're a douchebag.

Otherwise, never.

See, you're otherwise with us, as a sane, rational member of the people who understands that hate and hyperbole is rarely truthful or truthy, or you're against us, and a total numbnuts who'll believe any talking head on the telly.
          B♭3

Comment

i take it that no one should hate hitler?
            In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

The question should be should we hate the overwhelming majority of Germans who supported Hitler.
              Click here and here to find out how close the George Washington Bridge came to being blown up on 9/11 and why all evidence against those terrorists was classified. Click here to see the influence of Neocon Zionists in the USA and how they benefitted from 9/11. Remember the USS Liberty and the Lavon Affair.

Comment

This is why it's never okay to hate liberals; we ourselves don't hate

KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Uh. Hate is stupid.
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Lancer, in another thread I commented on the recent episode of 24 where the show's main character was just about to kill the president of the United States. I hadn't seen earlier shows to see why the main character would go so far, but I was shocked by the program. It actually seemed to be saying that assassinating the president can be, at times, OK.
                    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
                      Lancer, in another thread I commented on the recent episode of 24 where the show's main character was just about to kill the president of the United States. I hadn't seen earlier shows to see why the main character would go so far, but I was shocked by the program. It actually seemed to be saying that assassinating the president can be, at times, OK.
                      Yeah, when the President is committing treason (ie, planning to use WMD on his own country for political gain)!
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Imran, don't parrot evil lefty tripe. You stand behind our president, no matter the cost.
                        B♭3

Comment

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Look, there's always a reason for the president to nuke his own country. Mitigating factors. He must be operating under some information you don't know--as in, say a fail-safe fails, and Moscow is destroyed. Now, for political gain/regain, he'll have to nuke NYC.

It's for the good of the country. Don't argue, you commie pinko-leftist.
                            B♭3

Comment

Richard Dreyfuss for President! (Or Henry Fonda)
                              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                              X