Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think you troll by second nature by now.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
      Why do you have such a problem with a team deciding not to participate in a ceremony that was ill conceived in it's timing?
      Because it's insulting and disrespectful to the person who is being honoured.
      Because it does no one any good.
      Because it actually harms the team protesting because they sit bored in a locker room for an hour.

If you knew anything about being "good sports", you'd know this. It's apparently a foreign concept.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I think you troll by second nature by now.
        When I troll it's intentional. When it appears to be a troll it's because I'm so obviously right and you so hate me being right that you feel compelled to respond with nonsense like HOW MANY CUPS OO YA THATS RIGHT BABY 5 IN YO FACE IN YO FACE 5 CUPS.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Uhh, yeah. Something like that.

Don't forget the medication.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• It's time to celebrate the stupidity of Oiler fans!

Two girls about to flash on the blue mile get hit by fireworks after Edmonton Oilers shutout San Jose Sharks in Game 6 of the Stanley cup playoffs 2006.For L...

"Good sports"
            "Classy"

Comment

• Awesome.

If only they'd burn down Calgary instead...
              ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Calgary never did bonfires or any **** like that.

This is because of the cultural differences in the cities.

Calgary = white-collar
                Edmonton = blue-collar

The management and executives work in Calgary, the labourers work in Edmonton.

When Calgary fans revel they honk horns in their beamers and hot girls flash their titties, when Edmonton fans revel they set things on fire and stab people. Different strokes for different folks.

As if it couldn't get any worse, the politicians are all in exile in Edmonton as well.

Comment

• All the more reason for them to burn down Calgary instead.
                  ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher

When I troll it's intentional. When it appears to be a troll it's because I'm so obviously right and you so hate me being right that you feel compelled to respond with nonsense like HOW MANY CUPS OO YA THATS RIGHT BABY 5 IN YO FACE IN YO FACE 5 CUPS.
                    OK, forget Cups. Show me the rape.

1982-83 Edm 4 - Cgy 1
                    1983-84 Edm 4 - Cgy 3
                    1985-86 Cgy 4 - Edm 3
                    1987-88 Edm 4 - Cgy 0
                    1992-93 Edm 4 - Cgy 3
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)

Comment

• OK, fprget Cups. Show me the rape.

You seem to have a great deal of difficulty differentiating between team and player. Al MacInnis did rape Edmonton, but he can't do it all. I've repeatedly clarified this for you.

Look at his numbers in the late 80s...

+32-42...70-80 points...as a defenceman. Hardest slapshot in the league. When he played against Edmonton, he scored a lot. He injured a lot of Oilers. He was booed in Edmonton.

And now, Edmonton refused to attend his jersey retirement. Go figure.

PS: Your repeated stealth edits to try to hide the fact that you're drunk are amusing.

Comment

• dp

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
                          OK, fprget Cups. Show me the rape.

You seem to have a great deal of difficulty differentiating between team and player. Al MacInnis did rape Edmonton, but he can't do it all. I've repeatedly clarified this for you.

Look at his numbers in the late 80s...

+32-42...70-80 points...as a defenceman. Hardest slapshot in the league. When he played against Edmonton, he scored a lot. He injured a lot of Oilers. He was booed in Edmonton.

And now, Edmonton refused to attend his jersey retirement. Go figure.

PS: Your repeated stealth edits to try to hide the fact that you're drunk are amusing.
                          I spell poorly all the time. Take another pill, Dave.

You wanna count player stats?

Regular season points leaders, all time:
                          Rank Name Team(s) GP PTS PPG
                          1 Wayne Gretzky, 2857
                          2 Mark Messier, 1887
                          3 Gordie Howe, 1850
                          4 Ron Francis, 1798
                          5 Marcel Dionne, 1771
                          6 Steve Yzerman, 1755
                          7 Mario Lemieux, 1723
                          8 Phil Esposito, 1590
                          9 Raymond Bourque, 1579
                          10 Paul Coffey, 1531

Who are those dmen in the top 10?

Playoff points leaders, all time:
                          1 Wayne Gretzky, 382
                          2 Mark Messier, 295
                          3 Jari Kurri, 233
                          4 Glenn Anderson, 214
                          5 Paul Coffey, 196
                          6 Brett Hull, 190
                          7 Doug Gilmour, 188
                          8 Bryan Trottier, 184
                          9 Steve Yzerman, 181
                          10 Raymond Bourque, 180

Look at that top 5! Must have been some raping going on. Who do you think did whom?
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)

Comment

• There's no doubt about it, Gretzky, Messier, etc. certainly did do a lot of raping in Calgary.

Your logic and reasoning is truly astounding. I suppose you think this means that MacInnis was not a great player and certainly did not rape Edmonton (as an individual -- as in, he was the reason Edmonton lost sometimes to Calgary back in the day).

You have no grasp at all at logic, you're floundering about pounding your chest about how great Edmonton was so many years ago. YES, they were a fantastic team in the 80s. YES, they had an incredible collection of players.

This has NOTHING to do with Al MacInnis, or the topic at hand. But it does serve my point that all Oilers fans do is pound their chest about the past, which is all the more reason for Edmonton to fall flat on their asses this round. I simply cannot stand to hear about how Edmonton won this year in the upcoming centuries.

The very simple fact is, Al MacInnis was a great player who Edmonton played against a lot for thirteen years in the Battle of Alberta. They were incredibly disrespectful by refusing to attend the ceremony.

Quoting how many cups Edmonton has or how many great players they had in the 80s has nothing to do with Edmonton's unsportsmanlike behaviour this year, and their pathetic performance in this series. Stop clinging to the good ol' days and wake up to a dose of reality.

MacTavish was a ***** for not allowing the team to celebrate, and you're a ***** for trying to avoid the issue by quoting stats from the 80s.

Comment

• You've gotta be some kind of special to want to compare 80s Flames with Oilers. No matter what Flame, even if some of them were good, none of them were even close to being in the same league.

There's no reason for the Oilers to be jealous of MacInnis, and I'm sure a lot of Oilers wanted to be there. Smyth snuck out and was caught on camera watching from the run way.

The point wasn't MacInnis. It was a ceremony like that at that late date of the schedule.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)

Comment

You've gotta be some kind of special to want to compare 80s Flames with Oilers. No matter what Flame, even if some of them were good, none of them were even close to being in the same league.
                                You've gotta be some kind of special to keep whipping out this 80s Flames and Oilers comparison. I am not doing that. What I am saying is that one man, MacInnis, who played 13 years for Calgary and was a thorn in Edmonton's side as one of Calgary's best players at the time, was being honoured and MacTavish essentially gave him the finger.

Stop your damn statistics quoting about who was better and how many cups you have. Get real.

There's no reason for the Oilers to be jealous of MacInnis
                                Who said anything about jealousy? And I bet every single defenceman you have is jealous of MacInnis in some way, I know Pronger is...none of them are as good or will ever be as good as MacInnis was.

But this has nothing to do with jealousy! It has to do with RESPECT. The man deserves respect and MacTavish refused to provide it out of selfish reasons that really made no sense.

The point wasn't MacInnis. It was a ceremony like that at that late date of the schedule.
                                Which is the GM's JOB TO PROTEST, which he did not do.

Thus, the point IS the man the Oilers personally insulted and disrespected by not attending his ceremony.

Comment

Working...
                                X