Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if Asher realizes that even if Giota's goals per game did decrease to 0.523 (which it didn't.. see Sava's posts about games), that STILL 0.523 goals per game! Which means... you don't get rid of that player!
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Revised numbers:

24/44 without Elias
      24/38 with Elias

So yeah, his goal production did increase slightly. I was wrong.

It was a bit of a gamble, though (as most trades are). Iginla plays best under pressure, and when he does so he can and does outplay Gionta (see the Playoffs). I was hoping he'd be put into similar pressure with the end of the regular season coming up, but unfortunately/fortunately Calgary comfortably made it into the playoffs.

In previous seasons the second half of the season he has exploded in Calgary's run to the playoffs. That didn't happen this time.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Instead of admitting your error, you felt the need to incessantly defend the move... to the point of making up this "hockey-stupid" point about a goal-scorer coming back being bad for a player's stats.
        Oh, please.

Historically, Iginla has exploded in the second half of the season (see my previous post).

Since the trade, Gionta generated 24 goals and Iginla generated 20 goals. I feel Iginla had the potential for far more (as he has historically), that didn't pan out for a number of reasons. It still wasn't a stupid trade worthy of all of your *****ing and moaning about it.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
          I wonder if Asher realizes that even if Giota's goals per game did decrease to 0.523 (which it didn't.. see Sava's posts about games), that STILL 0.523 goals per game! Which means... you don't get rid of that player!
          If you're making a trade for a player you think will attain higher than that, you do.

Comment

The Original Six teams are indeed out, as has been mentioned. I guess is age is your determining factor, then you better cheer on Buffalo.

Although, I think the New Jersey/Rockies/?? franchise may be as old...
            "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
            "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
            "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

Enough of this Gionta/Iginlia bickering!

We all know the true Conn-Smythe-in-waiting:

"I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
              "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine

Comment

GOOOAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL Fernannnnnnndddddddooooooooooooo!

(\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Home town boy, too.

Can you imagine? 3rd line player scores 2 to carry his home town team into the game during a playoff series deciding game?

Only could have been better by being game 7, but we would have had to have home ice for that.

I guess that sort of thing is not so uncommon in Montreal.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Give that man an A, and forget having a 4th line. We go with 4 lines, and we dispose of any team that gets in our way.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)

Comment

Game 6 had great story lines a-plenty.

Roloson, the question mark, keeps us in it during the disastrous second.

Hometown grinder Fernando converts heart into goals--big goals.

A somewhat-talented team finishes off an upset of the best team in hockey by rallying for 4 (4!) goals in the third period!

Talented-but-inexperienced Hemsky comes down the ice in the third, poised to perform another toe-drag-into-nowhere. Everyone in the audience is thinking "No! No! Get it deep! This is typical Hemsky!" But then he shows everyone by discombobulating the Wings D-men, handing it off to Sammy, and going to the net for the game winning goal!

You couldn't have scripted a better finish, really.

Comment

Beating Detroit in the postseason isn't that hard, really. It's a team that is high on itself, and can't put in the effort as the other team. They're old and slow with pretty lame goaltending. The central division is why they're the "best team", which is a joke.

Same thing happened in 03-04 when Calgary beat them in 6. This was when the Wings had about twice the budget as they have now, too.

Comment

Yeah KLowe, what a moron.

Pronger, Peca, Roloson, and Samsonov.

What sort of brain dead GM gets them in, eh?
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)

Comment

Another good night for hockey.
                            ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

KH is so gonna kick your ass, joncha.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)

Comment

He's too busy crying in his beer.
                                ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Working...
                                X