Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• have u seen johnny's pregame press conference? he just called varitek 'his boy'

was i born yesterday?
    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• your prediction, is that before or after torre brings in tanyon as 'relief'

hes like seanez, the only thing hes gonna relieve you of is the win.
      "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• @ Sox fans being pissed that Damon left for more money. THAT'S HOW YOU GOT HIM!

Arrian is 100% right. Damon has been a mercenary since he came into the league. He chased the money to Oakland, then to Boston, then to the Yanks.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Sox fans being pissed that Damon left for more money. THAT'S HOW YOU GOT HIM!
          did you read anything I wrote or have the fumes from jersey gotten to you?

Comment

• Nothing you have written changes that simple truth. Sox fans are just pissed because he went to the Yanks. THAT'S IT! He could have praised all the Sox players to kingdom come, they would boo the **** out of him.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• i aint talking about sox fans, im talking about myself. why should i talk about the reasons why other fans dislike him? i just hope the other sox fans feel the same way i do for the same reasons.

cabrera, nomar, bronson, mirabelli, bill mueller, millar didnt talk crap about their ex captain, or say that money is not any consideration, or say that they wouldnt go play for x and then end up at x (especially if x = evil empire)

look at the ovation cabrera got. they wouldnt let him take his at bat until he stepped out and acknowledged the crowd.

Comment

• another point

if johnny really cared about the fans, and all those things he said about them how great they were, he would known what going to the empire woulda done to them.

then he says that what he did is whats best for his family

thats what someone who makes $8 an hour says when he gets a job in the next town that pays $10 an hour and needs to commute 2 hrs a day in each direction and cant see their family for more than an hour or two a day should be saying. not someone whos made millions and millions, works at most, 4 or 5 hours a day for at most 8 months a year doing something that many people would do for free.

Comment

• btw, yankees farm system:

you know you dont have the goods when you cannot come up a combination to get mirabelli that beats cla meredith (mlb era big enough to vote), josh bard and $100,000 in cash.

Comment

• Oh no... he said it wasn't for the money, then went for more money! GASP! No one ever does that!

I also didn't realize that Cabrera was a Yankee nowadays .

Cabrera was cheered because the Sox didn't make a move to resign him. Damon spurned the Sox in resiging... and for the hated Yankees!

Comment

• Oh no... he said it wasn't for the money, then went for more money! GASP! No one ever does that!
                      like i said earlier, i dont like how he used that to inflate his ego, get fans on his side etc while it was convienient for him. i know that others do it, but i dont care unless it affects the teams i follow. and now, after useing us, he wants to come back and act like nothing happened? just cuz others do it doesnt mean its right.

cabrera was cheered because 1) hes gangstah, and 2) he didnt bad mouth varitek on the way out, or complain that $40 million a year makes him feel disrepected, or that its not in the best interst of his family to take that amount a year.

Comment

• cabrera was cheered because 1) hes gangstah, and 2) he didnt bad mouth varitek on the way out, or complain that $40 million a year makes him feel disrepected, or that its not in the best interst of his family to take that amount a year.

Or rather "because he's not on the Yankees".

Comment

• uh huh. only 35 mintues to go, you guys gonna have to let me know what the reaction is. since im a betting man, im thinking that there will be boos, but unfortunatly, there will be a majority of cheers/standing o.

Comment

• mirabellis still isnt at the ball park, alex cora might make his first career start at C.

Comment

• ARE THEY BOOOING THAT SONOFA*****??? ITS 7:05 EST

Comment

• DID THAT MONEY GRABBING EGO INFLATED JUDAS REALLY JUST TIP HIS CAP TO THE CROWD? I HOPE SOMEONE THROWS SOME COINS AT HIM SO HE CAN FEEL RESPECTED AND HE CAN DO WHATS BEST FOR HIS FAMILY BY PICKING THEM UP AND SAVING THEM FOR WHEN HES HUNGRY AND POOR TOMORROW BECAUSE GOD KNOWS HE NEEDS IT

Comment

Working...
                                X