No announcement yet.

Do you like your father?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's been dead over 10 years and the jury is still out on that one.
    What?

Comment

You know: this is the first time i actually asked myself the question. Did i like him as a man? As a Dad?
      What?

Comment

Not at all. We're not on speaking terms.

Of course, he did run out on mother after having an affair and running up her credit cards, all while ignoring my brother and me, so...

I suppose that's understandable.
        B♭3

Comment

I do like my father now. Its pretty easy when everyone is adult and acts reasonable.
          I didn't like him much from about the time I was 14 to about age 20 though. ( and it isn't just me maturing-- even mom admits that dad can be difficult and that he has changed)
          I don't like him very much now, mostly because he isn't acting reasonable or treating me like an adult.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Do you like your father?

Nope.
            "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
            "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
            "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
            "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

I get along fantastically with my father when I see him for a couple hours at a time a few times a year. Having more than 2000 miles between us aids greatly in that.
              "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
              "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
              "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Heh. Small doses, eh?

It's sad to see so many who don't like their dad. It reinforces my belief that I was lucky.

-Arrian
                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I don't like who he's become - middle age crises - and I don't like what he never became - a friend, like my other older relatives. We're estranged now because I didn't appreciate him enough, or maybe because I didn't call him everyday or shower him with gifts or something.
                  I never know their names, But i smile just the same
                  New faces...Strange places,
                  Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
                  -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

My copycat thread is already more successful than the original.

Comment

stupid spammers
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

It is also used in more serious a manner than the "original".

Dis' thread should be closed and all discussion transferred here

Comment

"When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years."
                          "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
                          —Orson Welles as Harry Lime

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                            Heh. Small doses, eh?

It's sad to see so many who don't like their dad. It reinforces my belief that I was lucky.

-Arrian
                            I too was lucky. While there were things he said and did that i didnt like, I appreciate his love more and more, and miss him more and more, as time passes. And as time passes, I think understand more.
                            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Ecthy's dad is cool
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I like him very much. He's a great man
                                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Working...
                                X