• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

u what Spiff?

PH - your mom is a person noone could possibly have any conflicts with

edit: ah, Spiff was talking about his own dad, not mine

Comment

There's only one person off poly who my mother made it clear she would never accommodate again...I'll let you guess who
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by MosesPresley
        "When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years."

That wasn't the case with us. It wasn't us maturing that changed things. I always "respected " my father but I didn't like him.

When my sister and I became adults, it wasn't a change in us that altered the relationship, it was a change in him. He realized that the power he wielded no longer existed and "because I said so" would never again suffice as a reason. perhaps he could lighten up because he didn't feel the need to be strict all the time but the change was in him.
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Was it Provost Harrisson?
          It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
            edit: ah, Spiff was talking about his own dad, not mine
            @ the prospect
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I've never been Flubber's dad
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Footie Mad
                Was it Provost Harrisson?
                ARGHHHHH!
                Speaking of Erith:

Comment

I didn't get along with my dad very well while growing up, but we've both mellowed out over the past several years, and so we get along pretty well now. He still brings out the worst in my brother and vice-versa, though, so the holidays are still a pain in the ass to deal with.
                  <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber

That wasn't the case with us. It wasn't us maturing that changed things. I always "respected " my father but I didn't like him.
                    I'm sorry. I didn't mean to insinuate my quote was true for everyone.

I'm not referring to your father, but there are a lot of fathers out there who are just shamefully atrocious parents.
                    "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
                    —Orson Welles as Harry Lime

Comment

I like my father, he was too soft to handle certain things in the past (trusting too much in people he shouldn´t have) but he has changed and I like him even more
                      The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

Working...
                      X