Do you like your father?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you like your father?

A thread you have never seen. I haven't had any drinks so I'm cool. This is something I've never thought about.
    ...I don't want you to like your father!

Why is this? It aggrivates me.

"Luke,...."

"STFU, Dad".
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

I like my dad
      Monkey!!!

Comment

My 52 year old dad acts like a 16 year old.
        "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
        "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
        Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

If he still acts like a 16 year old:

If he already acts like a 16 year old:
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

at least you don't have a 16 year old dad that acts like he's 52
            Monkey!!!

Comment

I like my dad
              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Do you like your father?

No.
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Az
                  If he still acts like a 16 year old:

If he already acts like a 16 year old:
                  Both, really. He's always been immature, just only has gotten even more immature nowadays. He's a huge fan ("huge" probably not being enough to describe his fanaticity - as a side fun fact, Dee Snider is our neighbor) of Howard Stern, so that helps explain it. He's a corperate lawyer.

It's sad to say that a good part of the time I act more mature than my own father, especially considering the fact that I am quite immature sometimes.
                  "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
                  "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
                  Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

Yeah, that does make him a bit of a moron.

The Howard Stern thing doesn't help either...
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

:
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

My dad was ok. Looking back, I wish he had pushed me more to do stuff - he was probably too laid back if anything.

He died 19 years ago, so my relationship with him was mostly me as a child or teenager. Never got to experience being an adult with my father.
                        "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                        "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                        "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Yes. There certainly are things about him that irritate me, but on balance he gets the

-Arrian
                          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I do like my father now. Its pretty easy when everyone is adult and acts reasonable.

I didn't like him much from about the time I was 14 to about age 20 though. ( and it isn't just me maturing-- even mom admits that dad can be difficult and that he has changed)
                            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Yes. We've always had a great relationship.
                              I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

Working...
                              X