No announcement yet.

Are you fat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 tablespoons of butter when all you've got access to is bricks of New Zealand butter that weigh 227 grams each

That's just 3/4 of the brick.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• The reason I know that is that sticks of butter are 1/4 lb = 113.5 g and they contain 8 tbsp

Your brick therefore contains 16 tbsp. 12 = 3/4 * 16
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Right you are. The bigger pain is the 220g French butter I like, because there it's not quite 3/4 and so can't be eyeballed. The French really are nefarious.
        "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

• 3/4 ought to be good enough for all purposes. Being off by 5 grams won't really change anything.
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse
            3/4 ought to be good enough for all purposes. Being off by 5 grams won't really change anything.
            In most cooking, I'd agree, but I find small differences can mean a lot in baking.
            "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

• 5g = ~0.4 tbsp

3% difference is ridiculous
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• sorry...i stopped paying attention to what exactly was being said at this point:

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly
                ... making chocolate chip cookies ...

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                  5g = ~0.4 tbsp

3% difference is ridiculous
                  Bah! Do not question my obsessiveness when it comes to my internationally famous chocolate chip cookies!

Comment

• Mhhhm..... Chocholate Chip cookies.

On a unrelated issue I just want to say I have no idea why I'm gaining weight these past few week's any advice is welcome.

And the metric system is generaly accepted as better because it is well... just better ,who came up with that feet thing, if my foot is larger that does that make you smaller and miles. Instead of leting people make these thing's up the French got a bunch of scientist and politicias to make those things up.... wich I suppose isn't that better
                    I'm not buying BtS until Firaxis impliments the "contiguous cultural border negates colony tax" concept.

Comment

• First week of Jennie Craig done....I'm down 4.4. pounds!

Comment

• not fat here 5 11 and 155 lbs not realy in great shape but not flabby . The only work out i get now days is swimming and since it is winter here and no indoor pool close none work outs at the moment. Hell I dont have time for the gym with my job and my kids. but oh well such is life
                        When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                        "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                        Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

• My current BMI is 23,9. Not overweight, never was, but usually a little over the "perfect" weight for my height (177 cm, whatever that is in feet).

I am too lazy to work out on a regular basis, and I like all sorts of sweets. On the other hand, I do a lot (and I mean a lot) of hiking, biking and just plain walking when it is warm enough (which -- in Poland and for me personally -- means about half a year each year). It gets about even overall.

EDIT: The military site says my weight and my ideal weight is 165 lbs. That was a nice surprise.
                          Last edited by Modo44; February 12, 2006, 16:17.
                          Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

• OK, for those who don't understand anything but metric I'm 16h 3d in height and 9¾ stone.
                            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
                              ... Hell I dont have time for the gym ...
                              Being a mom is exercise enough

Comment

• wifey has had no problem getting back into shape since Josie's birth

lugging around a tot is some good exercise
                                Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X