X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you ready for some FOOTBALL! - Hot Stove Edition

The old thread was closing in on 500 posts... and can be found here:

So it's time for a new and improved SUPER BOWL EDITION.

Yes, all the hype, the meaningless stories, the trash talking...

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

I still can't believe Vegas has the Steelers starting at -4. I really should take the Seahawks. But I grew bored of sports betting a few years ago. Even though I did make a little bit of money on football. Nothing worth mentioning though. Because I don't have the balls to bet more than $100.

Comment

Up to a about a week ago, if you bet blind, the NFC team was getting 14 points. Now that would have been a good bet.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I don't care who wins, but it would be funny if Seattle blew out Pittsburgh after all the AFC is so much better than the NFC talk this year.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

in years past I've always believed the AFC is better. But with Seattle playing the way they did sunday, I'm not sure about that this year. And esp with the 1, 2, and 3 seeds out. Sure the Steelers beat them. But can they keep it up for a 4th game?

Comment

I'm still trying to get over the fact that Seattle will be in the super bowl in my lifetime. I'm not trashing them, I'm just saying....
            I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

funny story. Student was humiliated by teacher for wearing a Broncos jersey.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis

I was yelled at by my teacher in highschool many years ago because I had my Jets jersey on. The school was very pro Miami (in Eagle's territory for some reason) and this was the day after the Tuna crushed the Dolphins with a second half come back. Go Vinny! Ah, the good ol' days.
                I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Originally posted by Dis

Not surprising, since Broncos fans deserve to have things thrown at them.

Comment

Yeah, the story isn't very funny. If I was that guys Dad, I'd probably kick the crap out of that teacher. That's just not cool.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

I'm hoping Seattle wins.
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

I'm not sure who I'm rooting for.

I kind of want Seattle to win. I applaud them for their patience with Holmgren.

But at the same time I applaud the Steelers for sticking with Cowher. If he doesn't get the respect for being the best coach in football after beating the #1, #2, and #3 seeds (on the road), then something is seriously wrong.

Comment

Kind of pulling for the Steelers. Bettis has had a good long run and is a true warrior, he deserves a ring.
                          "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

I'm not surprised that the Seahawks are slight underdogs. They had an incredibly soft regular season schedule, then beat two fairly one-dimensional teams in the playoffs. As a Steelers fan, I wish that the 'Hawks were favorites.
                            I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

Yeah, that's kind of what the pundits and the Panthers were saying a week ago about the Seahawks .

Comment

Working...
                              X