No announcement yet.

CANPOL: Today is election day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's the official results that the CBC has up so far.

Only missed one, but the Conservatives polled quite well in Newfoundland, and poorly on PEI.

RIDING

NEWFOUNDLAND

AVALON

CON 18996 51.57%
    LIB 14193 38.53%

BONAVISTA-GANDER-GRAND FALLS-WINDSOR

LIB 19853 52.02%
    CON 15377 40.29% (Predicted CON)

HUMBER-ST. BARBE-BAIE VERTE

LIB 17196 52.88%
    CON 10137 31.17%

LABRADOR

LIB 5737 50.25%
    CON 4528 39.66%

RANDOM-BURIN-ST GEORGES

LIB 13652 45.50%
    CON 12232 40.76%

ST JOHN'S EAST

CON 19010 46.43%
    LIB 14345 35.03%

ST JOHN'S SOUTH-MOUNT PEARL

CON 16644 44.69%
    LIB 12293 33.01%

PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND

CARDIGAN

LIB 11542 56.21%
    CON 6923 33.72%

CHARLOTTETOWN

LIB 9586 50.16%
    CON 6524 34.14%

EGMONT

LIB 10287 53.17%
    CON 5992 30.87%

MALPEQUE

LIB 9697 50.23%
    CON 6708 34.81%
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
      What a mess, but there is plenty of election left to go. The liberals can't even make something work with the Bloc.

Only one that works is Bloc and Conservatives.
      I can see that one lasting for a while. A federal government that is openly for decentralization might be an ally for the Bloc... unless Duceppe perceives that as a threat to the separatist movement. But it can work as long as the Conservatives don't come close to gay marriage or abortion.
      What?

Comment

• everyone predicted far more conservatives then are actually getting elected...

why?

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• I didn't.
          ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Originally posted by Richelieu

I can see that one lasting for a while. A federal government that is openly for decentralization might be an ally for the Bloc... unless Duceppe perceives that as a threat to the separatist movement. But it can work as long as the Conservatives don't come close to gay marriage or abortion.
            They'd have to deal with the criticism of being "propped up" by the Bloc, though. I doubt that would go over well in the West.
            ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• A federal government that is openly for decentralization might be an ally for the Bloc... unless Duceppe perceives that as a threat to the separatist movement. But it can work as long as the Conservatives don't come close to gay marriage or abortion.
              Yeah, be much easier if they were 20 seats over the Liberals, at 142 like I predicted.

As for being propped up by the Bloc that would also annoy their socon supporters across the country, let alone Federalists in Quebec.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by joncha

They'd have to deal with the criticism of being "propped up" by the Bloc, though. I doubt that would go over well in the West.
                Damned if you do... damned if you don't.
                What?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller
                  everyone predicted far more conservatives then are actually getting elected...

why?

JM
                  The appetite for change was not as large as reported, and negative campaigning works to a point.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller
                    everyone predicted far more conservatives then are actually getting elected...

why?

JM
                    Polls-- for the second election in a row , the Liberal vote was higher than the polls predicted-- even polls as late as 48 hours before the vote.

In the prediction models we may have to expect a 3-4% bump for the Liberals in the final weekend-- Of course next time the Voters may act some totally and different unpredictable way
                    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Yep. And the infamous last week. always works for the Libs.
                      What?

Comment

• The Tories don't need the Bloc.

They have 18 to 24 months of the RCMP being let loose to go where they may and to recommend charges as they see fit.

They have 18 to 24 months to put the lie to the horns that the Liberals have been hanging on them.

If Harper does well, the next go round will be a Conservative majority. If he screws up, it will be Liberal.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• What was the near-Green riding?

And can I have some of what Goodale is smoking?
                          "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                          "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                          "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

• It was Prince George-Peace River and it wasn't near at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
                              The Tories don't need the Bloc.

They have 18 to 24 months of the RCMP being let loose to go where they may and to recommend charges as they see fit.

They have 18 to 24 months to put the lie to the horns that the Liberals have been hanging on them.

If Harper does well, the next go round will be a Conservative majority. If he screws up, it will be Liberal.
                              You certain that they have 18 to 24 months?
                              What?

Comment

• If the final seat count is 155 Tory-NDP, yes.
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                                X